Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Sorry if this is a bit of a dumb question ^idiot^.

When you start down regulating and stimulating is this at the start of your cycle or can you start at anytime?

Today I had baseline scan and bloods and I will be seeing my consultant on day 18 of cycle and was really hoping to start with my next cycle ^pray^ ^pray^.  I was thinking that I might be cutting it a bit fine in regards to getting drugs, coordination appointment etc before the next cycle.

Love impatient Gaye

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

Never a silly question :)

On the Long Protocol you can start downregging at the beginning of your cycle or on cd21....and that will be decided by your consultant. When you start stimming will depend on how your baseline scan goes following downregulation....downreg is approx 2 weeks but obviously depends on how you respond to the drugs. If you're on Short Protocol ie no downregging and straight to stimming then as far as I'm aware you start at beginning of your cycle (I've only ever had Long Protocol).

Have a read of this Rough Guide to IVF which you may find helpful

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/content/view/106/3/

I'm presuming that you & your DH have had up to date hormone blood tests and sperm test ? Also that both of you have had HIV and Hep B&C blood tests within the last year. I'm assuming you'll go through all the relevant form signing and drugs training at your coordination appointment, along with running through the timeline for your treatment.

When you start will also be very much down to your clinic and consultant as they will need to pencil in dates in their schedule for scans, EC and ET although these dates can move dependent on your response.

Which clinic are you having treatment at as you may find there is already an active running thread for ladies having treatment there so you could join them ?

Good luck
Natasha ^reiki^

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Natasha

Thanks for your super quick reply!

Yes I have had all the tests re HIV, Hep B etc.  DH is having his 3 SA and has booked in for that on Friday.  I had blood tests today so hopefully FSH is still OK, was 6.7 last May.  Ultrasound today showed that I still have PCOS in one ovary with a cyst in the other?!  Sonographer didn't think the cyst was too troublesome but I guess that is for the consultant to decide.

Thanks for the link to rough guide to IVF I will check that out.

I am having treatment at Hammersmith Hospital and have posted on that thread before... they are a really good bunch!

Drug wise any ideas how quickly you can get these couriered? 

Love Gaye

PS:  sending you loads of sticky vibes  ^reiki^ ^reiki^and good luck with the rest of your 2WW - not long now!

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts