Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just been for my first consultation at Create. They were very nice. However I received some advice that surprised me. Two things really, and I just wonder whether they coincide with advice from others.

Firstly, I have been taking DHEA for about 4 months. I was advised by the consultant that there was no evidence that it was helpful. This is obviously a bit different to what a person is likely to read online.

Also, I am 41, with low FSH and very low AMH. My AFC was about 5 per the scan, so not great. I have one living child and apparently everything (apart from my lack of eggs) is ok.

I was given a 20 - 25% chance of success per cycle. This is higher than I expected by 5 - 10%. Just wondering if this is accurate?
I hate to second guess but this is, again, contrary to what I have read on the net.

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
If your FSH is low, that greatly enhances your chances of success. I do think 20-25% is high if they are talking about live birth rather than positive HPT / beta hCG, though, just because at our age such a high percentage of our eggs (the standard estimate you hear thrown around is 90%) are likely to be chromosomally abnormal. If you can do more than 1 or 2 cycles, though, I do think you have a reasonable shot at success with those numbers.  ^reiki^

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi crazyHorse, thanks so much for your reply.

My fsh is not low- I misposted. It is around 12/13- so elevated but not necessarily high. So, even more so in terms of unrealistic estimates. Might go for a second opinion. Thanks again for response!

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Ah, OK, that makes more sense. I mean, you could definitely still see success with those numbers (I'm 19 weeks pregnant, and my AFC is worse than yours), but I do think Create may be giving you numbers for pregnancy as detected by hCG, rather than live birth. Second opinion seems reasonable.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi there,

I'm new to this too, low FSH (11.5) and low AMH (1.5) low AFC too. Went to see create and they are very nice. But have given me a figure of 10% chance with own eggs. so much lower than yours, but we're going to give it a go- Someone has to make it into the 10% figure, right? 

Anyway, to answer your initial query, if you're not happy/sure what you've been told is right, seek another opinion, definitely.  With what we're going through you need as much peace of mind as possible. 

Good luck with it all xxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts