Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've got 2 Tommee Tippee water filled teethers for matt. Does anyone know if they can be sterilised in a steam steriliser? Hes not yet at stage of picking up things off the floor and guming them yet so all he has in his mouth is his bottle, dummies and fingers  - all sterilised (well not fingers duh!  ^idiot^). I won't bother sterilising things when he is a bit bigger cause he'll eat anything he gets his hands on, this i know but we dropped them today on MIL floor and she has 2 dogs so don't want to just wash them and give them back. He's really bothered with his teeth at moment and loves them. Also, he's lost his appetite. How much milk did your LO take on bad days with teeth?

Cheers all

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
Hi there

I don't think they can. I got a few different makes when the girls were starting to teethe and I am pretty sure it says you can't. I always washed  then rinsed in boiling water then put in  fridge. I tried the steam steriliser on one and it shrivelled up. It should tell you on the packet.

Rachel x

·
Premium Member
6,986 Posts
Yea same as Rachel here too, all the ones i got said not to put into steam steriliser. so washed and miltoned mine :)

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hi,

We were given a teething ring with plastic gel-filled keys. It is not meant to go in the steam steriliser, so we just washed it like normal with washing up liquid and I also soaked it in boiling water (from the kettle) for a minute or so. We had no problems doing that. But Milton sounds a good idea if you want to be on the safe side.

By the way, we use Dentinox teething gel and it helps soothe the pain of teething - at least it seems to work with our LO. I don't know if you have used it, but it's worth a try.

Kasia

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HI

thanks for the replys - best skip the steriliser sounds like it will be a disaster!  :) Will try milton instead althought I hate the smell  :eek:

Have been using dentonox on him for a while. seems to really do the trick - calpol also lends a helping hand when required!  ;D

·
Registered
444 Posts
Have you heard this saying before?

With your first baby you sterilise,

with your second baby you wash,

With your third baby you wipe it on your jeans.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
can't say i have, but is sounds about right!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts