Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've been bleeding for 2 weeks now & need some reassurance that I can still have a positive outcome.

I started brown bleeding at 7.5 weeks & 2 days later managed to get a scan at our local EPU where we saw a lovely hb (lo measured a week behind but they weren't bothered.).  The sonographer found a small area of bleed just off the sac but everything looked fine.  The following Monday I started bleeding red, nothing much to start with, just when I wiped (sorry tmi) and once I saw 2 dollops in the toilet pan (sorry tmi).  I phoned EPU a couple of days later & got scanned again last Thursday where we saw beanie having grown to the right size of its age (still 1 week behind).  The area of bleed had disappeared but they were pleased with what they've seen.

Since the weekend I've been bleeding more & more heavily, resembling the 1st day of AF but mostly when I go to the loo where I seem to be weeing blood at the same time.  I phoned EPU who said that unless the bleeding gets worse or I'm still bleeding next week, they'll re-scan me then.  But as they saw the hb at my stage of pg, the chances of a m/c is reduced to 1%.

I'm really trying to cling onto that piece of information but it's quite difficult to remain positive especially when I see what resembles 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' everytime I go to the loo!!

I'm still getting pg symptoms, ie sore boobs (when I press!!), tiredness & a heightened sense of smell so that's a good thing.

I'd really appreciate hearing frrom you lovely ladies who have gone through what I'm going through now & ended up with a lovely bouncy baby.

Thanks

Ronnie
xx

·
Registered
981 Posts
Hi Ronnie

^hugme^ it is so worrying and hard to go through bleeding and not know from one day to another what is happening

I bled from 5.5wks and very heaviley until 13wks which was horrible and wished they could scan me everyday( well they did do about 8 :)) just to check all was well

BUT I went onto stop bleeding eventually and had my amazing twins Amber and Ruby, so there are great outcomes

Hang in there ^hugme^

God Bless
Sarah

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Sarah

Thanks for your reply.

Your babies are such cuties!!!

You bled for sooooooooo long!!! How did you cope????? I'm still bleeding & having horrible AF pains (like 1st day of your AF). I just feel like I'm in limbo.  I have my next scan week Monday unless I'm still bleeding next week then EPU will re-scan me again, but I just feel like I'm wasting their time!  ^idiot^

Thanks again

Ronnie
xx

·
Registered
7,903 Posts
No words of wisdom Ron but sending you kisses.  :-*

·
Registered
632 Posts
Ronnie

I bled - brown blood and a little red - betwen 5.5-8.5w - just about every day. I started to get used to it and was about to stop worrying when it stopped. I then for  a freakish moment worried about it stopping!! Everything is still ok with me. Its a worrying time though - i was having scan between 1-2 times per week and was still worrying in betwen scans. Time will pass and you will start to feel more confident.

Hal

·
Registered
981 Posts
Hi Ronny

How are you today ^hugme^

You asked how I coped, well pretty much as you are, it is so hard ^hugme^. I felt so out of my mind that I just wanted to know one way or the other but unfortunately pg isnt like that

Make sure you rest plenty and try and get another scan, they shouldnt expect you to wait so long when you are still bleeding and so worried ^hugme^

Hang in there and take one day at a time

God bless
Sarah

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sarah & Hal

Thanks for your replies.

I managed to get another scan at the EPU but not until Thursday, due to the BH & also to make allowance for 'emergency' cases. I also went to my GP to ask about iron level but she wasn't worried & basically said to go for the scan on Thursday & if all goes well then forget about the bleeding!!!!!

I know the professionals aren't worried & I guess they see cases like ours all the time, but I'm totally stressed out about it & can't really concentrate on much.  I'm trying so hard not to lift Sam up (feel twinges when I do & then I bleed!) but it's really difficult (carseat/highchair etc).

I've noticed today that instead of the bloodbath down the toilet pan, the blood is now gathered at the bottom like a pool.  Should I be worried???:(

Thanks for your support.  This site is such a godsend - I'd be totally  ^idiot^ otherwise!!

Ronnie
xx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts