Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Potty training in our house is still a NO GO area. D still isnt intersted. We have a potty- doesnt like, we have a special seat that goes on the toilet- arches his back and cries, we have a special stool for him to stand on, he just stands on it and chucks toilet roll down the toilet.
He can say wee wee and poo poo, and when he wants attention- will get wipes etc for me.
D starts FT nursery in Sept and Im keen we have made some headway.
I am going to ask nursery for some assistance with this (maybe watching his peers may get him the idea- he has been at nursery a month now- although still cries when left).
Any advice would be appreciated thanks

J

·
Premium Member
7,991 Posts
Hiya
I would possibly try the nursery peer group route. Daisy was so anti potty training that she woudnt even have nappy free time, unless I showed her the new nappy she wouldnt let me change her, she wouldnt go near the toilet or a potty etc...  and then all of a sudden she became interested & I was very lucky to have a potty to hand at an appropriate time and away we go!
I spoke to nursery and there were 3 all training together, nosey parker had obviously been watching (and seeing the reward stickers  ::) ) and though "i can do that"  and she has been amazing!

I know nursery in Sept is a goal (im the same with D) however if they arent ready it will be horrific for you, and probably upsetting for your LO too  :-\  - encourage, speak to nursery etc... but dont do it if you think you cant succeed in a reasonable time - mopping up poo is not nice ::)
Good luck with it  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

1 - 2 of 2 Posts