Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - has anyone go any advice please?

I've been on 150iu Puregon for the last week. I went for my day 8 scan today (although dose no.8 isn't until tonight) & my lining is only 3.5ml & there's a couple of teeny follicles on each ovary - the nurse said my body's pretty much ignoring the FSH. They're doing a blood test to check my FSH levels before doubling my dose to 300iu and rescanning on Wednesday.

Has anyone else had this & go on to have a normal ec or should I prepare myself for a cancelled cycle?

Thanks, Sudders

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi, Dont panic !! My last cycle i did nothing until day 12, then they put my dose up and i responded (too much!).

Keep and hot water bottle on your tummy, eat Brazil nuts and fresh pineapple juice.

Good luck and let me know how you get on :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sudders,
Been for my last scan today too,only had 8 jabs so far but very little reponse. One small foliie on right none on left and lining only 4mm. Have had blood test done and stay on jabs until another scan Monday but unlikely to go ahead. It was suggested I may need to go on a fast track high dose with no down reggging. Just wanted to say I know how you feel, it's really awful isn't it to have not even jumped the first hurdle. Best wishes for next week,
                                                                            Ally

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi

Sometimes it can take a while for the body to respond.  Hopefully by them doubling your drugs will get more follicles active.

I would also say hot water bottle / wheatbag on your tummy for as long as you can as I found that really encouraged the growth.

All the best

x x x

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Ladies

Thanks for your responses  :)

I have been eating brazils, drinking tons of water plus pineapple juice & milk and keeping my tummy warm. The clinic reckons all I can do is take the drugs but I'm not giving up the other stuff - just in case!! ;D

Feeling a lot more positive now, just hope that things are better on Wednesday!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

AllyD - I'm at BCRM too!!  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ Have they increased your dosage at all or are you on a high one anyway? All the best for Monday  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^hugme^

Sudders

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hi Sudders,

Just wanted to share with you my experience as i was put on 150iu of Puregon aswell on my last cycle, due to my age (28) and BMI (normal).

I too was scanned on Day 8 and only had 5 follicles, 2 slightly larger ones on the Right ovary and 3 smaller ones on the Left. I was given the option to abandon that cycle or carry on with the stimms and get re-scanned again 2 days later. I chose the latter in the hope that the smaller ones would catch up with the 2 big ones. I wasn't given the option to increase my dose as my follies weren't of similar sizes. Anyway, i was scanned on Day 9, and although my follies grew, the 3 smaller ones did not catch up with the bigger ones. I was still given the choice to proceed with EC but was advised that it could either get 2 mature ones and 3 immature eggs or if i waited for the 3 to grow to 18mm + then the other 2 follies would have already released the egg, or i there may not be any eggs at all. The decision was ours, if we went ahead and proceeded with EC and no eggs we would have wasted that cycle; if we abandon we keep the cycle and start again. As we self funded that cycle we decided to abandon and try again. This was in December-January.

I was supposed to start in February-March but when i went in for a baseline scan the doctor found a small polyp. I had to wait till next AF in the hope that it would go away with it. Luckily it did and so here we are again on our 2nd cycle. I am on day 13 of DR injections and am going in for a scan on Monday. I have been put on a different lot of drugs this time and double the dose (300 iu). My stimms drugs are a combination of FSH/LH; a product called "Pergoveris", apparently it's quite new. Hopefully it should do the trick for a poor responder like me.  ^pray^

Sorry it wasn't good news from me hun. Hope i didn't sound too negative, just sharing my experience with you. It's your choice at the end of the day. Just go with what your gut feeling. My experience is all down to our financial circumstances; that we had to pay for our treatment (4 yrs waiting list on NHS waiting list!!!, can't wait that long! ^bigbad^) If it was funded by the NHS, then i probably would've proceeded with EC definitely.

Hope all goes well with your treatment. Babydust to you and loads of positive vibes  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Silverglitter x

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Hi, i was on 150ui on my 1st treatment and got to day 8 and had 1x 18mm, 1x 20mm and 2x 12mm, 2x 14mm..... the NHS treatment was cancelled, we didnt get a decision to make as they made this for us - HOWEVER they offered IUI instead and that was our choice, we took the choice and thank god we did cuz after all them years we finally got our BFP !!!!

Good luck with ouyr treatment, sorry im no help, but just wanted too tell you what happened too me cuz mine treatment turned itself round for the good...

sweetcheeks xx

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sudders,
I think it was a bad day at BCRM yesterday, I think the person who went in before me had bad news too as there was a lot of hushed staff discussions outside and the lady went straight out with her head down. I was on the max dose and this reponse was totally unexpected. I was on clomid for 5 months and responded really well every month, so this happening was never a consideration.
If you are at BCRM we have a thread going for lot's us being treated there have a look ,go to counties -staffordshire- burton or stokies part 5. You might find it helpful as we all know who we are talking about and what treatment is like. Good luck next week,
                                                                                                                                                                            Ally

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Ally

Just a quicky to say good luck for tomorrow  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Is your BCRM in Bristol or Birmingham? I think there might be one in each!!

Sudders xxx

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Good luck Ally and Sudders  :-* ^reiki^ :-* ^reiki^ :-* ^reiki^

1 - 10 of 10 Posts