Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was my first jab.. i did it myself and i cried.. i couldnt remember if i was doing it right

can someone help me..

Firstly.... (Gonal F in the pen) I got the dosage right.. and my pen was primed here is what i did...

*pen primed at clinic*

-measured 150...

-Cleaned area..

-attached needle

Pinched skin

jabbed.. and held in button until the liquid entered.... and for a bit extra

Is that all i have to do??!?!?

ALSO.... Where do i jab.. She said in my thigh or tummy and i chose tummy (more fat there)

Where in my tummy i did it below my belly button is that right

please help been sitting here in tears!

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
Hi Junnie

Well done! You've done the first one  :) That's always the worst one  ;) It's very natural to cry.  ^hugme^ On my first 3 cycles my dh did all my injections but on the 4th I decided it was time to be brave and do them myself. The first one took me 1/2 hour of hovering to do it butonce I had I cried too! I think it's more with relief and elationt han anything else! I have done all of them myself ever since.

Sounds like you did fine to me  ;) As long as you're well clear of your belly button that's fine. I always do mine at the side about 3-4 inches from my belly button. You can use your thigh too but there's usually more to pinch up onyour belly!

Try to relax (hard I know). Tomorrow's will be much easier  ;)

Take care and good luck  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Love, Rachel xxx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

Sounds like you got it right......although I wouldn't do it below your belly button....ideally you should do it to the sides (sort of waist/hips "love handles" area) and at least 5cms away from belly button.  I've always done my injections in the tummy.

Good luck
Natasha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts