Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to FF and IVF
Currently on first IVF cycle and 8 day scan on Fri showed disappointingly low no of follicles. Advised to continue with stim and re-scan is Mon.
Concerned that we may have to abandon this cycle if there is no significant improvement.
Has anyone had a similar experience?

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Jemina

dont give up hope i under respond to stims too and i ended up with mini eggs but a few more days of stims and i got there !!! keep your spirits up !!!

now i am preggers

Love Mini xx

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hi there
Welcome to FF.
I had a very similiar experience twice whilst undergoing IUI last year and earlier this year.
Despite much doseage increases, despite changing drugs, adding in drugs etc, I still didn't respond.
I'm having ovarina drilling on Thursday as this apparently makes the ovaries more receptive to the drugs. I'll just have to wait and see if that is the case.

Sorry I can't offer more positive news about my situation but I really that things turn out for you.

Chick

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
hi jemina

welcome to ff hun just wanted to wish you all the best for your scan on monday i hope you have lots of follies keep us posted

love always lilly

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hi there

Welcome to FF. Try not to worry just now about your response to the drugs.
Last year while doing IVF, they told me that because I had not responded enough I was to convert to IUI for that cycle which I did then it turns out I had a mega response and I ended up overstimulating and developing OHSS! You never know what is happening inside your body!!!!
Even if you do not respond enough this time, they will have a better idea about what dose to give you next time.
Best of luck
Fiona

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi Jemina

Welcome to FF ;D

I had the same problem last year. I went in for my first scan and they said they could not see much going on. I carried on with the drugs and I got to the ec day and we got 18 eggs !!. Please don't worry yet (I know that's easier said than done).

Best of luck, natalie xx

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A big thankyou to you all for your kind comments which helped me through the weekend.

Really glad that I have found your site its inspirational!

Todays re-scan showed some improvement but still a low no of follicles (Dr said that I was on the lowest dosage of drugs which has calmed my fears a little).

This cycle is funded and I suppose it would have been sensible to stop now and start over again with stronger drugs but I have decided to go ahead with the egg collection which is Wed and see how far I get (don't like what ifs).

Mimi - proof that miracles do happen, enjoy every moment
Chick66 - Loads of luck for Thursday
Paula, FianaIm and Natalief - big thanks

J x

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
Good luck for wednesday - i hope you are pleasantly suprised xxx

Jennifer

·
Registered
484 Posts
Hello there

Just wanted to wish you all the best luck in the world for your e/c and e/t.

Sharon xxx

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi to all you ladies, this site is fab adn yes me to with my last IVF cycle I only had one follicle, i was advised to stop that was my 5th attempt. will now have to wait until sept/oct got to have 2 natural periods have not seen the first one yet. Anyway good luck to you all.

Ladyjane x

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi everyone

What a day, what a week!

EC on Wed resulted in only 1 large egg (had 1 large and 3 smaller follicles). Egg fertilised on Thurs - yippee

Hospital called earlier today (my heart sank) to say that unfortunately the embryo cells had not divided and ET had been cancelled.

Threw out all my spare drugs and made my follow up appointment. Compared to how things were going last week everything had gone much better than I expected last Friday.

Second telephone call from hospital a couple of hours later to say that embryo had since divided and to go in for ET ASAP.

Now on 2ww :eek:

This infertility lark is such a rollercoaster ride.

Hope that a little of my good fortune rubs off on you all. :-*

Jx

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
hi jemima

wonderful news hun you have been through alot fingers crossed for you hun i hope this is a bfp

love always lilly xx

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi everyone, sorry not to update you all earlier

Unfortunately my cycle ended up being a negative.  I'm feeling absolutely fine and am more determined than ever to succeed.  I am hoping to see a nutritionist shortly and arrange a second cycle later this year.

Finding FF has helped me immensely and I'll keep dropping in and out to see how you are all doing.

Thanks again, loads of hugs

Jx

1 - 13 of 13 Posts