Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My LO is 8 months and has been really healthy until yesterday. He had a good day and was happy until 6 pm when he woke up from a nap and when I lifted him up - he vomited like I've never seen before. PROPER projectile vomiting. Poor little thing. He was sick again really badly 3 hours later. Then he slept and was wretching in the night. This morning he woke up with a temperature of 38.1. It's risen to 39.2 during the day. He's not eaten since 4pm yesterday. Only drinks water with a bit of sugar in it.
He's coughed a bit, but he's not had any diarrhea. If it was a stomach bug - surely he would have it both ends?

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Hi Troll,

Sorry to hear little Lewis has not been well. ^hugme^ ^hugme^

How is he now?? Has the diahorrea started yet?? Sometimes little ones will get a bit of a bug and not get diahorrea and then others the diahorrea will start after a while!! Is Lewis managing to keep the fluids you offer him down? Is he having plenty of wet nappies?

If he has a temperature it is probably something viral, you can give calpol for comfort and to keep his temperature down and you can also buy something called dioralyte over the counter at pharmacies, this is a water based drink which contains essential salt which our bodies require. This may be worth a try if he is not keeping much down, it also comes in different flavours such as blackcurrent for better flavour!!

I Lewis does not improve or is causing any concerns please get him checked over asap by gp or a and e.

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on,

Luv V xxx

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Verity

Thank you for taking time to reply and for your advice.
You were right. The diahorrea started a day later. Yesterday he was much happier, but his poor bottom was red and sore from it all.

Today I have a much happier child. He had a  little milk an hour ago and is sleeping snuggly on the couch. We made some homemade dehytration liquid, and he seems fine with it. I will get some diaoralyte to keep at home though.

Congrats on your BFP and I hope all goes well for you and your little bubba.

xx

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Hi Hun!!

Usually the way!! once one end starts the other usually follows!! ;D

Im glad lewis seems a little happier today and well done on getting fluids down him!! Dioralyte is great and always worth having in the cupboard in case of emergency!!

I hope he continue to improve and thanks for the congrats!! I am hoping my little bubba is ok in there (bit of a stress head!!) Have another scan next week!! so we will see!!

Luv V xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.