Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm just coming up to 40 wks and I've had a chest infection which has caused severe coughing for the last couple of weeks. Although the infection has cleared up (just about) it's left me with a tickly, lingering cough and an extremely painful muscle on the right side of the bump. It has now got to the stage that it hurts even when I'm just resting. But if I cough or sneeze, I could leap through the roof. It's killing me.
I'm taking co-codamol for SPD and that helps a little but is there anything at all I can do to treat it? I swear the muscle is torn, never felt anything like it :(
Also will this affect my labour? I am hoping for a drug free, natural birth (apart from gas and air) and I'm hoping any labour pain will mask this muscle pain. Do you think the labour will be more painful because of it?
I'm so fed up of coughing, I really don't need this right now.

Thank you for any advice xxx
Claire x

·
Premium Member
6,142 Posts
Hi,

It might be worth seeing your gp about it to check everythings ok. You can pull and strain muscles very easily in pregnancy. I can't see that it would affect your labour it would just be good to get it sorted so it's one less thing to worry about, you are doing all you can at the moment,

Hope you feel better soon,

Emilycaitlin xx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts