Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Last time lots of mums posted a list of baby stuff to bring to the Stratford meet up on the Stratford thread! Please could you list here (for my feeble pg brain at the moment) all the stuff you took as malteser will be a maximum of about 4 weeks (from my edd) and min 2 weeks old (if I go over) and I don't have a clue!!!!!!!

Actually, it may be easier if we keep any list making over here! Then it's all in one place for reference for the future! :)

Thanks in anticipation!

Love Sue
xxx

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Sue

Get ready to pack that trailer ^roflmao^

You can cross the cuddles machine off the list i will be there on call 24/7 all weekend

Can't wait this is getting so exciting ^pompom^

See you all soon
Loadsa Love
Jax
xxx

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Uh oh - can feel some real broodiness coming on with such a newby in our clutches - bagsy one of the first cuddles!

A tip for anyone bottlefeeding that may be considering taking the 'Steribottles' so you don't need to worry about sterilising - check that bubbs likes drinking from these before you come to Stratford.

Muggins 'ere, took some last time around - Iestyn hated them and I ended up having to use the one and only 4oz Avent bottle I'd taken with me. Fortunately I did have my boobs as a backup!

My other tip is 'minimalist' and improvisation, it's only for a couple of nights.

If bottle feeding - ready made cartons of milk are a must.

Don't get hung up if your 'normal' routine goes hey wire - again, it's only a couple of nights, it wont harm the bubbs and bubbs will soon get back into any routine when settled into home environment.

Love,

Sue xxxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Hi Sue

I'm not going to Stratford, but I can give you a list of what I'd probably take if I was going and bubbs was so young.

Breast/Bottle Feeding:

Boobs ;D

Breast pump - if you're using one at this stage.

Steriliser.

Bottles - or pre-sterilised disposable bottles (the New Avent Via system would be good here).

Bottle warmer (or just use a jug of boiling water there if there's kettles in the rooms).

Formula - ready made up cartons or powder to make up yourself.

Bibs

Muslin Squares

Sleeping:

Travel Cot

Bedding

Monitor

Travel:

Car seat - you'll obviously have this with you though ;D

Pushchair/pram

Entertainment:

At such a young age bubbs will probably just sleep lots, and I would just let him/her sleep flat in the puschair int he daytime, but if you have an older baby then I'd take

Playmat
Bouncy Chair for sitting in
Few rattle type toys

Toiletries/bathing:

Baby Bath - Or personally I'd just hold baby in the big bath there.

Baby wash.

Baby moisturiser, talc, - whatever you'll be using basically.

Baby Wipes.

Nappies

Nappy sacks.

Disposable change mats, ie. Pampers care mats.

Cotton wool for topping and tailing.

Clothes:

Sleepsuits

Vests

Daytime outfits

Hmmmm, can't think of anything else now. Probably pretty much all you need for a teeny baby. I'm sure others will add stuff too.

No matter what though, you'll no doubt feel you're going away for a month, not a few days ;D

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Jayne - see you don't agree with my 'minimalist' advice! ^chuckle^.

I could streamline that list quite dramatically!

Love,

Sue xxxx

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Oh by the way - forget the Avent Via Disposable system - they are cr*p!

I took a good few away with me to Oz and they drove me insane, leaked terrible, not just when shaking a feed, but even just feeding from them, they dripped around the edges - I ended up going out and buying a new bottle and kept washing it out and using it (as I no longer sterilise).

Noticed in John Lewis at the weekend that they do disposable sterilising bags - one box contains enough for a week. I'm going to buy a box to take to Corfu as although I no longer sterilise at home, I don't fancy taking any chances abroad.

Love,

Sue xxxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Sue - They sell those disposable sterilising bags in Mothercare too.

I'm useless at travelling minimally ::) I like to try, but it never works out for me. Should've seen us when we all went down to Tenby the other week. Dh's van was jam packed full, and I was being minimalist then :p

The list above is the absolute minimal I'd personally take for a 2-4 week old baby.

Jayne x

·
Registered
489 Posts
Have to disagree about the avent reusable/disposable system. Took it on hols with me & found they were great. You do have to heat up milk with lids loose, & make sure they are done up well though.

Karen & Benjamin

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
If Tarnnia will eat jars, then I'd use them for the few days you are away. These days you can buy pure fruit/vegetable purees in jars, so these mixed in with some baby rice would do the job perfectly. If you're really against using them, or Tarnnia hates them then maybe just take instant type foods like Bananas, Avacados, mango, etc. that you can mush down and maybe bulk out with a bit of baby rice and formula.

Jayne x

·
Registered
655 Posts
DH & I went down to see his parents for the first time with Toby.

Although DH bought a new estate car with the biggest boot we could find, it was still jam packed to the gunnels. We found that the pushchair & travel cot take up most of the room!!!

So for 2 nights we may be towing a trailer / using the roof rack lol!

And no, the rest WAS NOT my clothes & shoes... ;)

Vicky xxx

·
Registered
89 Posts
Whatever you need I need TWICE as much :eek: :eek: :eek:

And a huge pushchair and two travel cots ^mercy^ ^mercy^

OH MY GOD WE'RE NOT COMING... only jokeing but not about the amount of stuff we have to take.

Don't bother taking anything that is not escential. There are shops in stratford if you do forget something and there will be enough other newies to be able to beg, borrow or steal from someone else (perhaps not steal but you know what I mean lol )

We have only got a medium sized car and we don't have a roof rack so it might be bulging out of the windows.

See you all there

Carol ^afro^

·
Registered
89 Posts
PS

If you need to sterilise bottles ect then don't bother with your bulky steriliser just get some sterilising tablets or liquid from the supermarket. You can always use the sink in the room.

Carol

·
Premium Member
16,348 Posts
I am sure kim asked last time if she could use there fridge for food and they said yes as long as it has her name on so maybe if you want to take your own made up food then you could us ethere fridge - will have to confirm it with Kim first though.

Mel

x x

·
Premium Member
16,348 Posts
oh and as for sterilising you can use those disposable bottles - myself and Sue MJ did and the bubbs were ok with them and you just chuck them when finished, might be worth taking as to not fart **** about with all that sterilising.

Mel

x x

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Yes Mel they did say i could use their fridge for joe's yoghurts. Paul just went and asked for them as we needed them.

Also i agree about the disposable bottles cos they arent that expensive either.

Love Kimx x x

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Just test the disposables on bubbs first, cos Ben hates them!

Also, maybe give a ring about the fridge if you're taking home made food. Only say this because I know some places will only let you use them if the food is in pre-packaged sealed containers as opposed to food in a plastic pot with lid.

Good luck travellers ;D

Love

Jayne x

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi,

I'm a bit cheesed off that we can't take the babies swimming. :( We could always say they are just small for 18yrs ;D ;D

Never mind

Carol ^afro^

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
It does state that children arent allowed in the pool because they dont have a lifeguard.
I agree its unfair because you would be responsible for your own children.

Love kimx x

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Can anyone remember if the rooms have fridges in ???  I cant remember and was only there in April....thanks guys xxx

·
Premium Member
16,348 Posts
No they dont Amanda :(

1 - 20 of 37 Posts