Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ,
I am 36+5

I asked my MW for the strep B test today , and  i was suprised there was only one swab , i thought there was suposed to be 2 ? is this right ?

It wasn't my usual MW i saw either  :-\

The MW wasn't sure which way Puddin was , even though he has had his head down for weeks now , so in the end she said she felt his head well down in the brim , does this mean its fully engaged or starting to engage ? She just wrote Brim on my notes ? I thought he had dropped a little , also i have felt so tired these last couple of days ???

One other thing , she measured him at 35cm , the same as he was 2 weeks ago , i didn't notice this till i came out , do you think this is because he has 'dropped' ? is it normal for the measurements to slow down to the end ? I am sure i have read the answers to all my questions somewhere , but i can't find where ^willy nilly^

One very last thing , i've been getting heartburn these last couple of days , is this something to expect towards the end ? I thought this sort of thing should be tailing off ?

Thanks
Freespirit

·
Premium Member
6,142 Posts
Hi,

it varies in different units as to which swabs they take.  At my hospital, we only take one swab for Strep B, so it may be the same in yours.  The head being down in the brim means that it is just starting to engage no wna drop well into your pelvis, which does account for the measurements, so don't worry, everything sounds to be going well,

Also, I'm afraid the heartburn can carry right up until a few days after you have delivered in some cases!!!  Stock up on that gaviscon!!

emilycaitlin xx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts