Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am about to start my third cycle and am feeling really stressed about it.  It is not helping that my period has not yet arrived and if much later will not be starting due to consultant going annual leave (I am worried my stress is deterring my period!)

I'm not worried re treatment - know what to expect, but am worried about another failed cycle and how I will cope with this.  I know that these are worries that everyone will have but just feel that I need to verbalise them somewhere.

It sometimes feels like my whole lifes happiness depends on the outcome of this IVF cycle.  I know thats pretty sad as I have lots of things in my life like a loving husband and happy marrage, good friends and family etc but all we want is our own family, something others seem to get so easy.

I use to be so happy go lucky - I often feel so sad and low :-[ :-[ :-[ :'( :'( :'( :mad: :mad: :mad: :( :( :( :-\ :-\ :-\ 

Peggypop

·
Registered
912 Posts
I just wanted you to know that you aren't on your own and I too had these feelings and I don't think it matters if this is your 3rd or your first cycle, I also had feelings of being very low and sad I started to push DP away.  Inbetween my IVF cycle and the FET I am doing at the moment I went to see the IVF councellor at the hospital and I know you might be thinking I'M NOT GOING TO SEE A COUNSELLOR!! that was exactly my opinion too it was actually my DP and my mum that persuaded me.  I don't have the anxiety that I did about having tx now,  obviously I have still had all the psycho mood swings and the tears but that's normal I do feel scared about the disappointment but I know that I am going to be able to deal with it in a different way and she made me think about after tx if it isnt successful. I've also gone and booked a holiday for September so no matter what the outcome is I know I have something past the tx stage planned because the biggest thing I have hated in all of this is not being able to plan ahead!!

I hope that your AF appears soon and that you get your  ^BFP^

sarah xxx

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sarah

I have considered counselling through the IVF clinic - my DH would do anything so has said I need to decide if it is what I want - I am considering if this treatment fails.

Not holding out much hope now for my AF to arrive on time ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^.  Today is day 35 and I don't feel anywhere near having a period so if not here by Tuesday will be back on the waiting list!  Bummer

Hope that you have a really nice Bank holiday, we are going to start riping our kitchen out and knocking a few walls down, fun, fun, fun!

Peggy

·
Registered
912 Posts
I would go even if before treatment because it really does put you a bit more at ease.  Take your frustration out on the old kitchen  ;D

I hope it does work out for you

sarah xxx

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hiya,

I felt the way you are before tx and did seek councelling at one point.  It helped to talk things through with someone neutral.  I did find that, although each BFN was devastating, the first one was the worst I had better coping strategies after that.  If you have confidence in your gp, then he/she should be able to arrange some councelling, or you could go through your clinic.  Good luck for you tx and hope you get that BFP.

Tracy xxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts