Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I finally found the site for us lucky ones that are expecting more than one little one  ;)
Does anyone have any recommendations for stretchmark creams or lotions - there seems to be so much choice I don't know what one is best..

Any tips / experiences would be great

Thanks
Kerry  ;D

·
Premium Member
3,699 Posts
Kerry - congratulations!
I used cocoa butter in the morning and bio oil at night and didn't get any stretch marks (only one bubs though!).  But I think the best way to find out if you will get stretch marks is to ask your mum - it seems to be more hereditary than about creams! (My mum had me and then twins and didn't get any)
Blu

G

·
I didn't use anything for the first 6 months and had nothing to show, bump or stretch marks.  Then  I got some lovely Erbaviva stuff from Space NK for Christmas and they then appeared big time when the bump exploded  even though I was using it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blu is probably right in that it is hereditary, you'll get 'em or you won't.  Either way, congrats on the pregnancy

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Hi well done on your twin pregnancy  I spoilt my self with clarins strech oil and used it every day from 12 weeks £32 a pot and went through about 7 pots ^howmuch^ but i dont have any strech marks at all and i smelt nice.

good luck

·
Registered
522 Posts
Congratulations! Come and join us on the bumps chat.

I have heard it's in the genes too...my mum didn't get any and said she put baby oil on every night...so that's what i'm doing plus vaseline moisturiser in the mornings after shower.

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Congratulations Kerry!
I also used Erbaviva from Space NK and got away with none (how did that happen?!) I started very early with it, but am sure it's luck/genes more tan anything!
Jane
xxx

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I started off with cocoa butter then switched to bio oil as it smells lovely! Its not doing a very good job of keeping away the stretch marks as more appeared overnight! Again, its probably genetic as my mum  had them.

My sister didn't, but then she had a tiny bump at term, looked about 5/6 months pg, so that doesn't count in my book!

I reckon on keeping using the bio oil as its supposed to help with healing afterwards too, oh did I mention it smells good as well!

Sal

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Hi

I used cocoa Butter in a morning and bio oil on a night and still got stretchmarks.  My mum never had them, but i only got them bad in the last few weeks. And its only a patch of them from my bellybutton down, theyre not all over.  I was measuring full term from 24 weeks so i reckon if i was only having one i would have maybe got away with it.  think its in your genes.........

But im using bio oil on them now and its doing a fab job of fading them quickly.  ;)

S
xx

·
Premium Member
10,615 Posts
my mum said she used extra virgin olive oil and didnt get any stretch marks  ^hugme^

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Stretch marks are actually scarring from where the dermis actually tears.  i'm not sure if creams can prevent them, but perhaps they make them less visible.

i'm more folorn about the resulting 'twin skin' to be honest.  the skin itself doesnt bounce back, and there is a bit of a....well....overhang.  iykwim...my twins were full term and pretty healthy sizes - 6lb and 7lb 4 oz.  I'm naturally a size 6!

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
I agree with encore re: twin skin. Mine is a crepey bit of overhanging skin above my c-section scar. Nice. Can still wear a bikini though, as long as it's not too low cut! Only because I am 2 sizes less than before being pregnant though. (and no chance of a size 6!)

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
whats a size 6  ;D ;D ;D did someone miss out the first 1 on that, bit closer for me unfortunately!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
I have heard that Bio Oil is very good. My midwife recommended it to me  ;) I do think however, that it doesn't really make any difference what cream you use it's the massaging action that helps more.

I personally use Champneys body butter. It smells lovely too!  :)

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I used bio oil and Mamma Mio tummy rub....had none at all and felt really smug.....and then I got loads in the last 2 weeks the little blighters  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^.  I'm afraid to say I don't think what you use helps much - if you get them, you get them.......but rubbing stuff into your every expanding bump makes you feel good so go for it.  The bio oil deffo makes a difference to appearance and my section scar
x

·
Premium Member
3,865 Posts
I used nothing at all the first time, and got no stretchmarks, then I slathered on the bio oil this time around, and have about six hundred and forty eight of the beggers, all over my tummy :(  Bio oil is making a difference now and they're fading a bit, but they'll never go away.  But like Encore, I'm far more bothered by the crepey skin - I almost wish I hadn't lost the baby weight so quickly - I'm not sure my skin could keep up!

Anyway, stretchmarks are the bar codes that tell people you're a mummy ;)

xx Clare

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
Hi lovelies....I also slathered on every lotion 'n' potion I could lay my hands on and for the first 28wks thought I'd got away with it....then one morning I noticed one solitary stretchmark....a few days later I was covered in the things. 

Trying not to look at my tummy too much at the mo coz it's still in it's post-c/section yuck stage but I did notice the other day that my stretchmarks are now also all round my hips and even at the tops of my legs which will make wearing a swimming cozzie or bikini tres interesting!  Does anyone else have any in these places too??

Have ordered some Mama Mio stretch mark cream which reckons it should make stretch marks fade / vanish....at £45 a time it best bl**dy had do!!!

:)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi all,
I used Bio-oil from day 1 of my pregnancy and at about 28wks, I woke up and I had stretch marks all over my tummy!
I still use it tho.  :mad: Maybe it'll disappear soon.

Lasha

·
Registered
985 Posts
Hi

Congratulations!! ;D

I used the Clarins firming oil and palmers coco butter. The Clarins oil lasted me beyond the duration of the pregnancy and i really think it helped. I had no stretch marks until i reached 30 weeks! I don't know how anyone's belly can stretch to accomodate a twin bump and not get stretchmarks at all ^idiot^ But they are not bad and have faded quite well (still using the Clarins oil.)

Love lilyella xxx

·
Registered
985 Posts
Just wanted to add that the worse problem is the crepe skin like Claremack said. If anyone has any tips on that one let us know!! ;)

Love lilyella xxxx

1 - 20 of 40 Posts