Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I am getting a little ahead of myself as i am only 5w5d pg, but i come from a family of early show mums, (my mum was showing alot by 12wks) and i have gone up a dress size, although i appreciate that is mainly bloating from the meds.

But i would still be interested to know which stretch mark creams you all use and when did you start using them.

I have already looked at the voting room poll about which creams, but it would be interesting to know when to start!

I have my first scan in 2wks and am sooooo excited and nervous all at the same time!! This is worse than the 2ww!

Lots of love and babydust

CLB
^reiki^ ^pray^ ^fairydust^ ^spot^

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hi
Sorry, I don't know the answer, but i'll also be interested to find out...I guess there's no reason why we can't start straight away...

Alice xx

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi,

I've been using Burts Bees Vitamin E Body and Bath oil on my stomach on a morning after my shower, then at nightime I've been using any moisturiser I can find, currently some sanctury stuff I got at Christmas. I've been doing this for the last two or three weeks, since about week 17.

I have old stretch marks from when I put on a load of weight when I was younger, so am not hopeful that it will work, but there's no harm in trying. Mind you, I've really statred to show now and I don't see any new stretch marks, so that's got to be a good sign!

Weezy

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
It's very pleasurable to use stretch mark creams, that's for sure :). I also started relatively early- around 12 weeks I reckon- and the cream I've loved the most (I've tried 3 different ones) is the Mama Mio stretch mark body butter. It's brilliant & smells lovely. On the other hand, I'm not sure stretch mark creams actually work, because it seems to be much more important what genetics you have, and if your mother got them too (which makes you likely to get them)... Still, the creams help make your bump feel smoother & less tight, so even only for that, it's worth doing.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Hi!

I used a mixture of a few things with my DD. Didn't get any stretch marks, which surprised me as my Mum got them terribly. I thought there was a hereditary factor, but that could be another Old Wives Tale!

1) - Johnsons Baby Oil. Put it on wet skin when you get out of the bath or shower and let it soak in.

2) - Clarins Huile Tonic Body Treatment Oil. A bit of a pricier version of Johnsons oil - but it smells lush and I have 2 friends who swore by it. Like I said, I didn't get any and I used it from around 25 weeks. A little does go a long way.

3) - Palmers Cocoa Butter - I used this from the day I got a BFP until I switched to the Clarins Oil.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Hi

I have a feeling that if you're going to get stretch marks you will no matter what you do!  I moisturise all the time and did with ds too and still have stretch marks!  Blaming my genetic make up!

But Boots do a mum to be range with their sanctuary stuff that has a lovely body butter.  Bio-oil is also meant to be good. 

annette

·
Registered
643 Posts
Hiya

I have used bio oil from bfp at 4/5 weeks - getting quite a big gut at the moment and hopefully no stretchmarks - my mum never had them with three of us so hoping its not an old wives tale!!

I have very sensitve skin so can't use cocoa butter even tho it smells gorgeous but been ok with the bio oil

xx

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi

I have been using Palmers Cocoa Butter since I got my BFP.  I have also got the Bio Oil but my Cocoa Butter just doesn't want to run out  ;D  ;D  ;D  As soon as it does I will be switching.

A friend recommended it and she has seen a couple of scars start to disappear.

Congrats on your ^BFP^

x x x

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
I agree with KP, doesnt matter what you use if your going to get them you will  :-[  ;D I used palmers cocoa butter cream and didnt make one bit of difference,

But there's no harm in giving it a go  :)

Nikki xx

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
I used mine from about 14w...the mamamio one which felt lovely and it made no difference.  I thought I had escaped coz I couldnt see any and then the consultant pointed them out to a student on one of my examinations at about 24w.....they were hiding under my bump

Now I look like someone has been drawing on me....

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I used whatever I had at home, I didn't get any stretch marks but my mum who has had 4 kids never got a single mark either.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I used palmers cocoa butter from almost the very beginning then switched to bio-oil at about 18 weeks when I found my first stretchmark!!!!

I definitely think its genetic, as mum had them, but also am expecting twins and have reached full term size already, so probably not too surprising as skin sretches so fast. I love the smell so am happy to carry on using. It also makes things feel less tight and itchy.

Good luck with your pg.

Sal

·
Registered
1,063 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you all soo much for your thoughts and tips, i guess the main thing i have learnt is to get some nice smelling cream to rub all over my bump to make me feel nice, if it helps reduce stretch marks then all the better!

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Hi,

I've been moisturising every morning whilst TTC with Vaesline Aloe Vera moisturiser because I have a scar from where a mole was removed on my abdomen so I really need my skin to be stretchy as otherwise I can't imagine what the scar will be like!

That said...I had lap and dye this cycle on day 3 so my poor belly button is going to be totally deformed as the scar will still be pretty new by the time I start to show. (Of course this is a very small price to pay for a BFP!) I have been using bio oil on both lap scars twice a day since I had the stitches out to try to limit the damage but it's probably too early to say if it's helped. Also since my BFP I've also been moisturising my thighs, bum, abdomen and boobs at night as well as doing my whole body in the morning!

My Mum had no stretch marks but I've already got some on my thighs when I put on weight as a teenager...not sure where that fits with the hereditary link?!

Katie4 x

1 - 15 of 15 Posts