Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Girls,

I think this question has been asked loads, but I just want some info re stretching pains. I've been getting pains/aches in my pubic region on the right side for a few weeks now, it normally lasts for an hour or two then goes for a couple of days then comes back! Sometimes it even spreads down my leg and I get a tingly sensation.

It woke me up last night and was quite painful, its gone now but I think because I had a bad dream as well I'm worrying myself sick.

I mentioned it to the midwife last week, and she said it was the ligament that goes across your pubic region stretching and it was normal.

Also I had my appendix out when I was 17 and was wondering if this was why I'm getting more pain on the right side, where my scar is I can feel it pulling on the inside, could this be the scar tissue?

I'm just looking for reassurance really, I had my 20w scan on Tues and all was fine with bub which is good news.

Thanks in advance
Amanda xx

·
Registered
54 Posts
Its funny you asking that because I get the same sensation.  Its like a pulling sensation but its on my left side very low near my pubic area.  But its not like a pain.  Ive just put it down to the baby being active.  As on my second scan the baby was very active the nurse thought it was really funny.  Anyway im seeing my midwife next week and this is one of the questions ive added to my list.

Sorry i cant help just that im experiencing similar symtoms.

Vix

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Girls

I always seem to be asking this question as well......I have these pains and they feel like a dull period pain and generally uncomfortable in the lower tummy.

It really worries and I'm always checking things when going to the loo......everyone just says it stretching but god it can be painful!

xxx

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Hi Sinead, Vix & Amanda

I had the pulling/stretching pains when I was pregnant with Isabelle. Its basically the ligaments stretching to accommodate your growing bubbs. I agree with you they can be quite worrying & yes I did plenty of knicker checking! It'll come and go but keep you mind on the lovely present you'll have at the end of your pregnancy  :)...my way if dealing with it.

love & hugs

Camilla

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Girls,

Thanks for your replies, I managed to speak to a midwife earlier and mentioned it to her again and she said that its completely normal, when I said about having my appendix out when I was 17, she said its almost certainly scar tissue, and that I probably will get pains in that area because of the stretching.

I'll still worry though, and the knicker checking comment made me smile as thats soooo me at the moment  ;D

Thanks again
Amanda xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.