Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
Hope you’re well! I’m a new joiner & my first time posting so hope this is the right channel.I got married just before turning 40 and after years of trying and a loss , have realised IVF with a donor egg is the best course for us now.

i haven’t undergone IVF before but hoping to be going through the process towards end of the summer.
i am due to take the CFA (professional finance) exam in November which requires a lot of studying but last thing I want to do is anything that may impact the treatment. Have any of you been in a similar situation and has it been fine or would you recommend cancelling/postponing the exam?

many tips would be much appreciated x

many thanks
Sam

·
Registered
101 Posts
I think it will be fine as lone as you don’t get stressed over your exam. For example plan and allocate your time to revision and take it in your stride. It can be a good distraction from overthinking the ivf process. I’ve been doing my MBA alongside ivf and raising a baby and then ivf again xx

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it will be fine as lone as you don’t get stressed over your exam. For example plan and allocate your time to revision and take it in your stride. It can be a good distraction from overthinking the ivf process. I’ve been doing my MBA alongside ivf and raising a baby and then ivf again xx
Thanks so much msahxox! That’s good to hear, I need to work on managing the expectations and stress.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hey,
I underwent DE IVF in January and finished my course in May. No issues- and Im a complete stressor/ worrier! In fact I think you’re much better to do it while ur pregnant so its out of the way when u have your lil baba 🤗
Good luck with treatment 🙂

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey,
I underwent DE IVF in January and finished my course in May. No issues- and Im a complete stressor/ worrier! In fact I think you’re much better to do it while ur pregnant so its out of the way when u have your lil baba 🤗
Good luck with treatment 🙂
Well done! That’s a great way of thinking about it, thanks Lola2021 🙂

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
A friend of mine was completing her MBA studies and undergoing IVF, she has a lovely daugther now. Good luck with your plans

Reactions: Sami78
1 - 7 of 7 Posts