Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

Can anyone please help.  Two days ago I had an ET as part of our 3rd IVF, the 1st with ICSI.  I got 4 eggs but only 2 of them were injectable and only one fertilised.  We ended up with a teeny tiny 2 cell embryo graded 3 (with 4 being the best). With our 2nd IVF we got 3 eggs but none fertilised so obviously I am really pleased  that we got one embryo this time. But I am really struggling  with lots of negative thoughts and fears.  With our first IVF we got 100% fertilisation and 2 blastocysts and I got a BFN. The negative side of me is thinking that if it didn't work then, it has no chance of working with one tiny sole embryo.  I'm terrified the failed fert cycle followed by a cycle with only one fertilised egg means my egg quality has plummeted in the last 6 months.

I don't want my negative thinking to take over and become a self fulfilling prophecy so some success stories would really help me.   

Thanks so much for reading!

xxxx

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi Francie

Hun my DS was a single embie hes nearly 2 now, they only gave us a 10% chance of it working and i was devastated i remember standing in the corridor sobbing cos it was our 2nd ICSI and the thought of it not working was just too awful....but it DID so keep up hope. Im sure things will work for you  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ lots of baby dust your way too

Mani

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Hello Francie hun

Have a big  ^hugme^ as you're obviously worried. But............ you have one success story already and undoubtedly there are others on here who got their bfp with their one lovely little embie  ;)

Try to keep positive hun  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ and keep that little one snuggled and warm  ;)

Love

Emma  :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Mani and Emma

Thanks so much for your responses and good wishes.  Fingers and toes crossed that this will be a two cell wonder!

xxx

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
I have everything crossed for you too hun  :-* ^reiki^ :-* ^reiki^

Emma xx

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
good luck

my friend has just got a bfp with her 2nd go at ivf she only had one that fertilized too - she is now 12w preg and over the moon

good luck xx

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Francie - just read your note and i am due to have EC tomorrow with only 4 eggs too. Please let me know how you get on. xx

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hi Francie

On my first IVF we only got 2 eggs, and only 1 fertilised....and we went on to have a beautiful baby boy......

Your little embie has fought so hard to get to where it has gotten, beating all the others so to speak, and am sure will keep doing its job

Good luck

Netty

1 - 8 of 8 Posts