Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y'all,

I am new to this site.  I did IVF over 3 years ago and have a beautiful, healthy son who is a little over 2 years old now.  My husband and I have been trying for the past year and are now starting to go down the whole IVF road again.  Is there anybody else out there having to do it again?  If so, I'd love to hear from you.  I'm just wondering if I'm alone as every story I've heard is that people just get pregnant the second time around (after successful IVF).  My husband and I have unexplained reasons for not getting pregnant.  We are just starting the preliminary blood tests (FHS, E2 was today).  I've been down this road before and am so bumbed I have to do it again.  I really thought we'd just get pregnant on our own this time around.  Any thought?  I'd love some support. 

Thanks,
Foxey

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
hi foxey

welcome to ff

i'm sure lots of ladies on this site are going for ivf again after a successfull ivf.

feel free to join the chitter chatters on the inbetween thread while you are waiting for test results.

luv pam

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Hi Foxey

welcome to FF. Your not alone. I did IVF in 2001 and had a little boy in January 2002. We had another go in April of this year which sadly ended in a m/c. but we have 7 frozen embryos i am now in the middle of a FET and hopefully will have transfer next week.

Wishing you lots of luck and hope it all works for you this time.

Love Kim x x x

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hi Foxey

Welcome to the boards. I am sure that you will make many friends on here.
I had success on my 4th try, my son Benjamin is just over a year now. I am not undergoing treatment at the moment, but we should have th emoney by next year to go again. I had my tubes removed, due to scarring and hydro in both of them, so cant fall naturally.
Hope you get another +ive result on your next cycle.

Karen & Benjamin

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to everyone for their feedback and encouragement!  We're hoping to do a retrieval sometime the end of October/beginning of November.  Keep your fingers crossed!!!
Kim- Best of luck to you on your FET!  Keep us posted... ;)

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Foxey
Welcome to FF.  I did things the other way round. Unsuccessful txt, concieved naturally, and then am having to do IVF to have a 2nd child.  There are a few of us on Secondary infertility section of the boards.
Really hope you, dh and ds get your much longed for baby
Fee xxxxxxxxx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts