Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my twin girl was poti trained at 2yrs and 3 mths, she was dry through the night after a week but we kept napie on for few months and lift her at 10pm for a wee as she goes to bed at 6.15, I used the gina ford method and she only ahd few accidents

over the last few weeks she has had an accident about every 2nd day, never outside the house and always just as she gets to toilet, but she has always made toilet before so strange she not getting there in time,is she just being lazy? how  should I proceed, currently I dont give her into trouble I jsut tell her to put dirty stuff in wash then clean the floor (then i clean it after)

she has been ttotally fine at playgroup and out the house etc, got her checked for urine infection, thrush etc but all clear.  she has been drinking alot as in garden most the day but surely shhe can still make on time.

should I start giving her a wee bit into trouble or any ideas what Ishould be doing if she is just being lazy or gettin distracted

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Hi
my LO has started to have same problem as well, although her accidents are at nursery, all the rest of the time while shes at home shes dry. I do the same as you, make her put wet pants in washing machine etc. I have tried ignoring it, talking to her about it, and a reward chart which worked well for the first 2 weeks (if 7 days without accident) she got a disney princess nightie, the 2nd set of 7 days she got an easter egg of her choice and then for the 3rd set of 7 days she wants a nintendo DS, which is out of question! but after 2 weeks she still hasnt got the 3rd set of stickers.

sorry havent really got any advice for you, just wanted to let you know you are now alone in your frustrations!
Julia

·
Registered
730 Posts
What does she drink at home?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Hi
she has diluted juice or milk at home and i think at nursery its just water, saying that she was dry all day yesterday at nursery! :-\

julia

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
My DS is currently in a similar phase after being dry for ages.....except its pooing in pants too.  Urgh.  We asked him why he was doing it, his reply " beacuse i wanted to"  ??? ???    After trying many different tactics,back to sticker charts, treats for toilet trips etc and none working,  DH told him big boys didnt do things like that and if it carried on he would be taking his scooter off him as scooters are for big boys..  It stopped immediately.  Sometimes i think they dont want to break off from what theyre doing/ cant be bothered.
S
xx

·
Premium Member
7,991 Posts
I'll go along with the 'cant be bothered' thing. Daisy has been dry in the day for a few months and recently we have had 3 wee incidents where she just stood there and pee'd on herself! I just think she gets a bit distracted, and lazy  ::)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts