Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

What should be done with this thread?

• Move the whole thread to the Babydust Section and merge with the existing threads there.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Keep the thread where it is but post sensitively about pregnancy and babies.

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Other (please post to specify)

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Merge back with the supportive Sizzlers thread and continue chatting here exercising sensitiity arou

Votes: 2 11.8%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 9362 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

im due to start cycling in august sumtime..anyone else out there starting then?

is it too early to start cycle buddies?

emsy x

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Hi Honey.

I am due to start August too. I am on short protocol and my first appointment is day 21 of my July period which will be about 7th August so my test date will be September. Two months to starting now. Feels weird, it is my first time - part of me wants to put it off lol  :)

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
OOh definitely not too early....

i've not actually arranged anything yet but am hoping to start in aug/sept too!!

mind if i join you?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi ladies..well nice to see im not on my own!!

im going to b starting my 2nd icsi in august, fingers crossed this is the one :)

emsy xx

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
Em - sounds a bit like us, DH had a vas reversal and while it was successful, his swimmers have never been up to much!!

Good luck - i'm not sure if we will be starting August or september - i need to get another FSH and contact my consultant again!

·
Registered
646 Posts
My funding came through last month, and I am told that treatment starts around 3 months after that date, so mind if I join too? Still a bit early days to assume exactly when we'll start, but fingers crossed! ^pray^

Feel like I should be doing something to get ready, but I have had labyrithitis for 3 weeks now (almost all better now though), so have been laying on the sofa watching lots of ER - not done much for my "getting in shape" plan (but at least it means I have cut radically down on alcohol, so that's a good start!). Anyone else doing anything to get ready for treatment?

Pabboo x

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
Well i'm trying to lose a bit of weight, and be healthier but have completely forgotten to take any of my vits this month... doh.

I'm rubbish, i'll do it for a few weeks then forget for another few.  any tips on how to remember?!? i have a very compulsive obsessive husband which means i'm not allowed to leave the packets out on the side to remind me - they have to be tidied away so i forget about them!

·
Registered
646 Posts
I have had that problem before - although I also have to take 3 thyroid medication tablets as well, so that's a good reminder! I have been looking for a post/pill box to put all my tablets in.
Seems to me that there is a good business to be made in funky and fun pill week-long boxes. (If anyone finds one let me know!)
In the meantime, maybe just get a normal one from Boots?  :-\
You then need some way to remind you to look for the box! How about a note by the kettle?! :)

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
That would undoubtedly get tidied away too!! ;D

I'm not even allowed anything out in the bathroom - even the toothpaste is in the bl**dy cupboard!!!! Bless him - he's so tidy and does more housework than me - i shouldn't complain!!!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Aaargh! How annoying! My DH and I would like to be neat like that, but...no....we're messy!

Well, my final idea is this a pill organiser wallet which looks like a book from the side, so maybe, if you pop in on a shelf in the kitchen, he'll not notice it?! (But then, maybe neither will you!).  ???
And/Or a reminder on your mobile!!!

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
Yes i could do the mobile thing..... I MUST BE MORE ORGANISED!!!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Hi ladies,

Well I had all good intentions but my preparation isn't really going to plan - I have put onb 3/4 stone in the last six months  :eek:

I am eating tons of fruit but I think that is just piling on the pounds  ;D. I have recently got a dog so I am out walking twice a day but that is all the excercise I get bar a Yoga session a week. I have taken all the vitamins under the sun in the past but for now I am just taking pregnacare conception and DH is taking wellman - it's weird I have been so obsessive in the past re all this stuff but right now I just have the feeling that what will be will be. I am planning on having accupuncture through my cycle.

My stumbling block is wine at the moment - such nice sunny evenings, bbqs etc - I had intended to cut down to 5 units ( a couple of glasses) per week three months prior to treatment but I have been naughty :( - I know I'll have to cut it out shortly. Has everyone else given up the booze?

Love Greeneyed xx

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
Greeneyed - alcohol is definitely my downfall too!!  however i have been doing the Paul McKenna 'I can make you thin' hypno thingamy, and not only is it working and i am losing weight, but my alcohol intake has gone down too with very little effort!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wow that sounds like my kind of diet :)

how do u find out about it?

emsy x

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Sallywags tell us more! I saw him on QVC but it seemed pretty expensive - does it work?

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
Girls, let me tell you - it's the best thing i have EVER done.  and it hasn't been expensive.

There is a big pack that is around £45ish, but i got the book and one CD for £6.95 off amazon.  i've got to say it is the best £6.95 i have ever spent!!

I can honestly say that overnight my attitude to food has changed.  I no longer feel guilty about eating, and i get to eat what i want, when ever i am hungry! :) (literally - he is very stern about the fact that you should only eat something if you really want it - not because you think you should or because you have been told it's healthy!)

So far it's been brilliant, and i can't see any reason why that shouldn't continue.  i feel SO SO much better about myself too, which in itself is almost better than the weightloss.

Got to be honest my fruit and yogurt intake has plummeted and my chocolate intake has increased....

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Sally - I am on Amazon as we speak! Sounds a bit dangerous though - eat what you like - I would be eating a lb of cheese everyday  ;D

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
Ah but that's the point - you don't!  in fact for my tea on friday night i just had cheese - because that's all i wanted!  i had a big plate of different cheeses and biscuits.  it teaches you to eat only when you are hungry and to stop when you are full - neither of which i have been very good at before!  i didn't know the difference between hungry/bored/stressed etc...

I've eaten slightly more over the last few days due to AF, but i'm not stressed about it as i know it will improve.

let us know how you get on!  honestly i should be working on commission - it's been so amazing for me that i've recommended it to everyone! 

i lost 2lb in the first 2 weeks - and i've never ever lost weight before without being on a strict diet!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Welldone Sallywags - I'll give it a try. I'd love to lose that 3/4 stone before starting treatment - but I haven't got long now....

I work from home and often eat just as a distraction and because there is always something in the kitchen - hopefully it will stop me doing that! - I will probably end up living off cheese though!  ;D

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
The way i look at it is that there is no good or bad time to start this - the weight will start to come off and it will be much easier to control when we do start treatment.  i have always been a yo-yo dieter and have beaten myself up when i have been 'bad'!  I no longer feel like that and genuinely feel that i will gradually slim down and not bounce back up like i have in the past.

As i said, in some respects the weight loss is a minor point - just a bonus really for how i now feel.

1 - 20 of 9362 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.