Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
There is a belly buddies thread that you can join which may be of help.
Technical support board has a thread therte but you need to apply to join it.
Also the pcos board has a weight loss thread.
Hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm in the same situation as you in that I have to lose weight.  I'm not doing too well at the mo either, and I've got a stone to lose before July! I'm living on fruit at the mo.
I'm also convinced that I've got PCOS, but the ultrasound said no, so I'm not even getting any support that way!  SOOO, in short I know what you're going through!  Frustrating isn't it?

Chris xx

·
Registered
6,080 Posts
^hello^ Bunless,

Firstly, i think you've done brilliantly losing 40 pounds.

I'm also trying to shed at least a stone and a half before starting ICSI in August.  It's such a slow process ! I lost 2 stone a couple of years ago, the only thing which works for me is cutting down on the carbs and plenty of exercise.

So i don't get bored with the gym, i go walking with my dogs which is good for them too.

Good luck with everything.

Luv Emmatt xx

:)

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
I ahve tried both WW and Slimming World numerous times. I have had succes with both, but get bored easily! Also being a veggie and being on SW means I eat lots of carbs, not good when you ahve PCOS!! I was going to try the GI but have heard varying reports about it. I'm starting Met soon so I need to get cravings under control. If I cut down on sugar/carbs, will the cravings start to disaapear??

Mizzlnik - You can have PCOS the syndrome and not have Polycystic Ovaries, and vice versa. You could have the symptoms - weight problems, hair growth, insulin resistance etc - and not have any cysts on your ovaries. Worth trying to keep those under control with diet etc.

Bunless - well done you losing 40lbs, thats fantastic! I have about 4st to lose, and am finding it very difficult to even get started. Any tips??

KerryB
xx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.