Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
141 - 153 of 153 Posts
Hello Tracey42,

The lab and clinic has informed me that all of our embryos, the first batch and second batch, were all rated a 1 and had no fragmentation. They froze all embryos on Day 3.

We used one surrogate mother after my first egg retrieval that resulted in 5 embryos. The first transfer was 2 and the second was 3 with bfn.

I changed doctors in my home country and did another egg retrieval after taking ubiquinol for 3 months and some other supplements. My medication protocol was changed and this time we ended up with 10 embryos on day 3 that were all rated as 1's. They were all frozen. We transferred into a new surrogate mother 3 of them. My clinic thaws and lets them grow for 24hours. At transfer, we had 2 compacting morulas and 1 early blastocyst. They had no fragmentation and were all rated excellent quality. This also resulted in a BFN. They transfer on Day 17-19 of the cycle.

We are gearing up for another transfer and are using the straw that has 4 embryos in it. Hoping for the best. Just wasn't sure if it was normal to take so many tries!

I am 38.

Hi, amtech, I'm sorry it's not working. I also had 3 failed surrogacy attempts. Even though I had a new surrogate for each transfer and changed egg donors, only the 4th attempt has been successful. We transferred 2 or 3 not PGS tested 5-day blasts each time. I don't know the reason for so many fails, that's just my luck I guess. I do hope the 4th will be successful for you too!  ^pray^

Hi everyone,

I was extremely blessed to get pregnant through ED on the third attempt and welcome my son to this world in September 2017. He is perfect!

We would now like to try for another baby if possible however I have a very complex medical history and it was a big risk for me to get pregnant in the first place. A second pregnancy is out of the question as the risks to me and the baby are too great. My son was born 6 weeks early and I developed serious complications just before and soon after delivery and this was us being very lucky indeed. We still have 3 other frozen embryos and it would be a matter of implanting those to a surrogate. If it works, great! If it doesn't, we wouldn't continue trying.

I know absolutely nothing about surrogacy and it is really difficult to work out a realistic cost for it. I would be grateful if anyone can give me an approximate figure so that we know whether we may be able to go for it, should postpone the idea or should give up on it altogether. Many thanks!

Hi, congrats on your BFP and I am sorry to know about your complications. I have no dir experiences at all, but from what I have read suroggacy with donor eggs and partner semen costs 41,000 - 41,500 Euros in Ukraine and Georgia

We’ve had 2 natural miscarriages (bleeding at implantation time, low HCG and slow growth) and now a PGS tested embryo that didn’t stick.

We’re now trying to decide whether to do more tests (ERA, Prof Brosens endometrial NK/CK biopsy, laparoscopy for asymptomatic endometriosis, etc) or get hardcore and go straight to a gestational carrier. My age and the gap between our first child (4 years old) and any potential sibling mean time is not on our side :'(

Wondering what other people’s experiences are?

Hi ladies, so I have embarked on becoming a surrogate. I have no idea what I’m doing if I’m honest. I have joined a surrogacy uk group on ******** and have met a lady as an intended parent and have discussed most about our lives ie family and jobs ( all done over messenger (********). She’s been to a few SUK social meetings but she says she hasn’t met any surrogates there. Says she had a surrogate in past but miscarried early on in the pregnancy. She also has frozen embryos in the same clinic as me- destiny!!!
She’s asked me about expenses and I have no clue about this. Help!!! Need some much needed advice if anyone can help.
Thanks ladies.

Hello lovely people,

Was hoping to get some advice on surrogacy, I have done all the usual googling but don't really know where to begin. What have other people done and does anyone ever go abroad, is that more successful? We had a beautiful little boy by ivf in 2017, I was very sick and have been advised not to try again as it puts me at risk of a stroke. I have NO health problems when not pregnant. We have four little frosties and are desperate to give my son a sibling. So looking at surrogacy as an option using our embryos.  Any advice gratefully received :)

I haven't been here for some time because of my last hard events and now, after recovery, I decided to write a post. Not sure if there are many of us here who are going to start or have already started their surr.programs but still, I hope I will find someone who is in the same boat with me.
For those who don't know my sad story, I will tell a few words. It started more than 10 years ago. I have a very low reserve that is why it was almost impossible to conceive naturally. I had an ectopic an MC in the past. Also, I had 1 failed IVF with OE near 6 years ago and fell into a hard depression after that. After I got rid of the depression I decided to continue my journey and do everything possible to hear babies laugh in my house! I went to Ukraine and had 2 ICSI cycles with DE. One of them was negative and the 2nd one was positive. I couldn't help crying for two days as I didn't even expect such an outcome! But my happiness hadn't been lasting long. My dr told me that due to my health issues I had a big risk to lose my lo. My hcg didn't want to grow, I had some spottings and lost my tiny on the 7th week. I was probably ready for that but still, it was hard for me to go through this again.
The place where I have my treatment suggested me to switch to one of their surrogacy programs as my package allows me to do this without losing money so I decided to accept their suggestion and in a month I'm signing another contract and keep continuing my journey. This time will definitely work out, I know that! I am sure and I truly believe!

I am sorry to know your story, and I will you all the best on your journey. x

Thank you, dear. I'm sure that everything will be alright as this time my health issues won't have any impact on pregnancy. Donors eggs will be healthier than mine and surrogate mother won't have such problems as I do that is why I am sure that everything will be alright. I'll be the happiest mom in the world if I'll have a chance to have twins)). Time will show

Hello everybody.
Never before I have noticed that humanity is evolving so quickly. Some countries are moving forward at the speed of light, while others are dying of poverty. Where's the justice? When we are young we are trying not to conceive and use all the protection we can and when we become older we are trying to get pregnant and very often it is nor an easy thing. the same happened to me.
I haven't been snooping around the bowels of the Internet for a long time and then decided to read some news and articles about problems of infertility. I stumbled upon an article that has drawn my attention and decided to post it here just in case.
Has anyone heard something about u and uterus transplantation or autotransplantation of endometrial tissue? Oh God, I have never heard about this and can't even imagine how it can be done! Take only a look at this: https://biotexcom.com/uterus-transplantation-or-autotransplantation-of-endometrial-tissue-what-is-more-effective/
If it may help, women will have a chance to have this treatment without using surrogacy services. Would you try it?

Reading through the UK guidelines Surrogacy is treated similar to adoption from a leave entitlement point of view. For adoption the rules say one parent is entitled to 6 weeks leave at 90% pay and other parent is entitled to paternity leave for 2 weeks. How does it work if only the husband is employed? Is the Husband entitled to take 6 weeks leave?

Apologies for the long post. I have gone through a number of documents on the gov.uk website but could not get good answers to a few items about the process.

We are having a surrogate child born outside the UK. The parents are British and the surrogate mother is single. I understand there are two routes to bring the child to the UK

1. Right to Abode or certificate of entitlement
2. Applying for the British Passport.

From what I read right abode should be faster than the British Passport route. Baby will first need to get a passport for the foreign country and then apply for the Certificate of entitlement with necessary documents.

Question 1) I understand that if the baby has a British Passport he/she cant apply for the certificate of entitlement. Does the prohibition apply the other way also? Can I apply for a British passport for the baby when the Certificate of Entitlement process is in progress ( or approved)? Does granting of the Certificate of Entitlement prevent the baby from getting British Passport in future.

Question 2) How is the passport application made. Is it made at the British Embassy or are the documents sent to HMPO in the UK. The online documentation is not very clear on this.

Question 3) One of the surrogacy guides mention the need to have a Consular Birth Certificate. Is this required? Some of the documents just refer to needing an official translation of the foreign Birth Certificate.

141 - 153 of 153 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.