Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 347 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I would love to hear from anyone that has had experience with a surrogacy cycle at New Life Georgia.

Especially anyone British as I would very much like to know about how you went about getting baby back to the UK.

Thanks in advance.

E xx

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi there
E, I'm not sure what you want to know but most of the info is on the website that Selene sent you the link to. We have found New Life Georgia to be efficient, helpful and Sophie, Tamara and Ia to be so caring and supportive. Our precious Daisy died at 19 weeks and we have found it very tough to get through but we are trying again with a new surrogate (unmarried so that we have fewer issues with UK law) and some of our frozen embryos and will just pray that we are successful. We have found the clinic and Dr Nana to be all we could have hoped and we have no regrets about going with New Life Georgia.
If I can help further I will. I've not visited FF since we lost Daisy really as it's been easier to try and focus on day to day and other things, but I know how quickly you want to get responses when you're starting out so i will try to respond when I can.

Very best wishes to you
^pray^

·
Registered
67 Posts
HEC good to see you back ;-*
This time with frozen embryo you try in Georgia with New Life again?
When is your transfer? Will keep my fingers crossed.
I am going to fly to Tbilisi next Wednesday for stimulation. I am a little bit scared, but determined in 100%. Wish me luck:)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello

Selene - thanks for your message.  I will respond in a moment xx

HEC - I am so sorry to hear of your loss and can completely understand why you would not come on here.  Any words will never be enough.  I hope that when you are strong enough you can move forward to achieve your dream  ^hugme^

Mainly my questions were to any couples that have done a cycle and brought baby back to the UK.  About how long it takles to get passports and citizenship for baby, and how difficult it was.  Also about the clinic, how you found them, professional, kind, clean etc etc... how they look after and select their surrogates. 

It sounds like you are both very happy. Which is reassuring...

I would look at self cycling at first to try with my eggs and then see what happens if it did not work out.

Selene - I will just say all the best..  ;)

xxx

·
Registered
55 Posts
All the luck in the world, Selene. Fingers crossed for you! I'm sure you will find everyone helpful and reassuring.

We have just heard that our new SM had a negative pregnancy test today so we're feeling a bit down, even though we'd steeled ourselves for it, not wanting to hit rock bottom again. Thankfully we have more, good embryos left so will try again in a couple of months. It's hard not to think this just isn't going to happen for us as, including our precious Daisy that we lost, the next will be our 4th surrogacy attempt. But we don't want to give up just yet...

E, thank you for your lovely message. There is a new UK baby on the New Life Georgia blog so it might be worth asking New Life to see if the new parents will contact you (if they have time!). When we were deciding whether to go with them, they asked a number of successful IPs to contact us so that we could ask them questions and it helped a lot. We also had a consultation with Natalie Gamble and it was well worth the money for reassurance before we went ahead.

Take care all

H x

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I am so grateful for your fingers crossed for us:) But on Monday I got sick - flu. So at the moment I am fighting with fever, throat pain and thinking that to do. As we were planning to start our journey tomorow, and I don't feel like train and flying:((

Did any of you went through stimulation during sickness? Is it possible? Or should I just cancel this trip?
:(

·
Registered
67 Posts
HEC - don't give up. If you can manage it financially, don't give up.  And as I am a mother already I can say - It is the most important thing in my life - my little girl. So find a strenght in yourself to fight for that.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thank you, Selene. I do appreciate your support and encouragement. Hope you are feeling lots better and manage the trip. Fingers and toes firmly crossed for you!  ^hugme^ H x

·
Registered
67 Posts
Unfortunatelly my sickness didn't let me to fly:( So we had to postpone our trip for one month. You can have a little break in keeping fingers crossed:)

·
Registered
146 Posts
HEC - my heart goes out to you.  I was so saddened by your loss at 19 weeks as well, and stayed away from FF for a long time too.  I know how hard it can be to keep up your spirits up to keep trying.  Good luck on your next attempt!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Seekingsurrogacy,
Why Georgia?
1. I find them more professional than in Ukraine - in contact, in informing about everything, even Web side gives you many information that you have to seek in any other agencies
2. the georgian law is as good as ukrainian
3. didn't find reliable agency in Ukraine, even though I contacted the most known
4. and the last but not the most important - costs are lower

So the law is good, costs are acceptable, and I found them trustworthy.
I don't know about anything connected with lenght of being married - neither on Ukraine nor in Georgia. Every agency and civil code says that you have to be married couple. Nothing about how long.

·
Registered
67 Posts
HEC do you try in February with New Life too? I am currently in Tbilisi, so if you are here, we could meet for a coffee:)
Must say that so far I am very pleased with NL, Sophie and Tamara are such proffesional and helpful. Dr Nana made good impression to. Hope that we all will be all right in my case and we will manage to became parents again.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Selene. So glad you are having a good experience and keeping fingers crossed that all goes well for you. Our SM is currently having stimulation and embryos should be transferred on 28th all being well... We didn't go to Tbilisi this time as, thankfully, we still have good embryos for defrosting. Hope the sun is shining for you. Yes, Sophie and Tamara are really helpful and very caring. Dr Nana has taken great care for us and changed our SM as she wasn't happy that the one she had originally chosen for us had a cold and she felt it might affect our chances.
Good luck to you and to everyone!
^pray^

1 - 20 of 347 Posts