·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all,
Quick question for those who have successfully had babies in Ukraine. What did you do about feeding? Did you use Ukranian formula and then wean the baby off it and onto a local formula when back at home?
Thanks in advance,
TTC x

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hi TTC
We used a formula over there called Nutrilon. It's their version of Aptimil and meant that when we got back to the Uk, we could move onto Aptimil. I don't think there is any difference between them but I still bought some Nutrilon back with me and did a gradual switch, just in case.

HIPP is also available there and here so you could try that and that way, you buy it there and use the same one over here.

There's a lot of international brands available in kiev for baby items so don't worry :)

S xx

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hello everybody
I have read this thread from the beginning with admiration of all the parents that put efforts to achieve parenthood. I also admire and follow the once stil ploughing on.

I am contemplating going to Ukraine for DE IVF or surrogacy. I have emailed some clinics and waiting for response.
Is anyone here who has already joined the programme or successful of african origin. I wonder whether they have other ethnic DE or just caucasians.
I will appreciate any suggestions.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome, Searchingforamiracle! I hope you’ll get your miracle soon!🍀
Congratulations Stilltryingandhoping for your baby, I’m so happy for you and happy to hear you are already trying for a second baby! Good luck!❤

·
Registered
262 Posts
Searchingforamiracle

I did see they had a couple of African egg donors in december at BTC but the thing is you can't always rely on that happening as the availability is dependant on if someone has already chosen them or if any more have registered. It will be worth speaking to them and asking If they have and you sign up quickly, it's possible. I mean you could go for consultstion and ask on the day before signing, and if there is one, make payment and secure that egg donor then and there :) just an option.

Biabella thank you!! We are so delighted I can't even explain how it feels!! And so excited to try again. Please send us positive vibes and prayers :)

S xx

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hi,

I'd like to join the conversation if that's ok. We are contacting surrogacy agencies in the Ukraine after out final attempt at donor egg ICSI failed earlier this month. Our donor only produced three eggs, only one fertilised and arrested on day 3. A kick in the guts is an understatement of how we are feeling.

Surrogacy has always been on the backburner and our preference would be to find a local surrogate but this seems difficult and we feel so unlucky that a programme that guarantees a positive outcome is very appealing to us.

Has anyone had dealings with Perfect Surrogacy Coordination Centre in Kiev? They have super reviews.

Hope to find honest and advice and support here, hi to all.

T x :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hi Tracey

Which clinic does that agency use? If you use an agency you can communicate back and forth and see how you like their communication speed. Is also important that they understand the exit procedure for you  and can do the documentation efficiently.  The clinic for the actual ivf procedures are important for obvious reasons. If you find out what clinic they use I can tell you if I've heard anything from any clients abot that clinic .

S xx

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Stilltryingandhoping thank you for your reply. I will enquire from the clinic if they ever had african donors as they may have some in the future.
I am enquiring to other clinics as well I came across several.
Has anyone heard of or being to Human Reproductive Centre- Prof Feskov in Kharkov. I would like to hear experience and the clinic atmosphere in general. There does not seem to be much talk about it here.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi to everybody!!!

I haven't been there for ages... I don't know what to write.. and don't want to scare all with my so many fails :-\ All of you should be possitive!!! It's very difficult but should be!!! :)
We still have 4 failed attempts in Biotexcom and now waiting our 5th attempt with last frozen embryos. Last fresh failed inexplicable attempt was in November 2017...
It seems that only our couple is so "lucky" at least from this forum and Biotexcom clinic :-\
All couples what i have known - already with babies....

Anyway good luck to everybody!!! Especially Stilltryingandhoping with the second baby (maybe even twins ::) ) ^pray^ :-*

·
Registered
262 Posts
Lotus123

Hunnie I've been with you through so much of your journey and so sorry that you've still not had success. If it doesn't work this time,will you try again or try with donor eggs? Do you do PGD testing on your embryos and just use the ones that come back genetically normal?
We will be trying this time with only the frozen embryos I am shipping and paying per attempt so I know In some way now how scary it is to not have the guarantee package. And I'm very nervous, I will admit this! It's the main reason we chose the VIP package, so we can try as quickly as possible and I know one way or another if it will work.
I am praying so hard for you 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
S xx

·
Registered
146 Posts
Stilltryingandhoping, thank you. I know. You have supported me from my first attempt!!! Thank you for it!!!
Starting from 4th attempt (with my eggs) we also pay for each attempt ... because don't want DE.
We haven't done PGD because we have no any indications for it. No one doctor advised it to do in our case (we have good anamnesis - and 2 healthy pregnancies.. my pregnancies...).
About next frozen attempt I am sure on 95%, that it will be failed as well, because before it all embryos were transferred with better quality ...and without result...
So that is why i need to think about next step... but i try not to think... it's difficult... ALL doctors advise to try to use my eggs (because no indications for DE in my case)... my husband may be is ready to stop this journey at all... but i am not ready... howewer i know that everything must be completed in some time ... but when i need to stop? I don't know...

Yes, i have read about your next attempt and your 4 frozen embryos and VIP contract! It's cool!!! Very cool!!!
And now waiting really is rather long for Economy contract... previous all times my waiting time was 1-2 months..not longer... now at least 4 months... But you now have VIP contract..so now you are VIP person  ^sunny^ So...good luck for you! waiting information update from you..and fingers crossed!!!!  ^pray^

·
Registered
262 Posts
Lotus123

Yes I think we for very lucky previously with the economy package. The wait was only 2 months. But now the clinic is so incredibly popular and the wait times are much longer . A lot of the extra benefits of the VIP package won't even be used by us. For example, we won't have the first 2 visits, or create the embryos, or have the PGD service etc. But we went for the higher package to have the shorter wait time! I remember how difficult it is to wait!!

I'm very nervous all over again and can just pray it works. But whatever happens, I am happy that I will try for our son. That's the reason we are even trying a second time, so he can have a chance to have a brother or sister. If it's meant to be, it will happen and we can only pray.

I pray it works for you this time and you have the courage to carry on if it doesn't. Always here for you xx

·
Registered
146 Posts
Stilltryingandhoping, you are so so positive!!!! Thank you dear, that you are!!!
I need to learn from you how to be calm and so positive...and so so helping!!!!  ^Heart^

·
Registered
262 Posts
Thank you Lotus123:)

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
@Searchingformiracle - I have no dir experiences, but I came across some positive reviews on Human Reproductive Centre- Prof Feskov in Kharkov.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Searchingforamiracle
Please do contact the clinics/agencies yourself and spend a lot of time asking them questions. It's important that you only make the impression about them this way or from actually speaking to parents who use them.

Unfortunately this is one that I haven't heard much about but unless you are coming into contact with someone who has first hand experience, reviews online are not always reliable. It took me a long time to figure this out!

S xx

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks stilltryingandhoping

I have already contacted  several clinics  and agencies all over the world and getting as much information from them. Asking on this forum is another way of trying to get personal experience or current people cycling there.

1 - 20 of 161 Posts