121 - 140 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any experiences with IVmed in Kiev?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I would like to say that I have not personal experiences with them, and I have never heard about them. However, I checked Ukrainian internet, and they have reviews: 95 reviews 4.9 stars http://prntscr.com/qtnmiv and 181 reviews 4,1 stars http://prntscr.com/qtnn0w But Internet is the open source of info, fortunately and unfortunately. Good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the info- They are known to me through a colleague, glad to know they have good reviews :)

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
super, I am happy I could help x

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hi Sakura

We recently used IVMed clinic for the ivf part combined with a different agency. I’ve written about my experience in my blog(the link is in my signature). Complete recommend them for  the ivf part but I wouldn’t use them as the agency.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hey guys!

I used to be very active in this forum many years ago when I began researching in 2016. We had our son born through Ukraine surrogacy in 2017 and have been trying since then for a second baby. It’s been a long second journey and we have now moved to a second agency and clinic.

I have blogged our entire experience these past few years and I hope it helps some of you. There are aspects of all things British people should consider such as immigration, the passport application and the parental order application covered. Feel free to take a look, the link is in my signature.

I’ve been reading some of the post on these forums and I must advise you all to be very careful. In my initial research I found many of the people posting were not intended parents. It was through many months of scrutiny I realised agency members would create profiles and post about their own agency in a positive way and also negatively about some competitors. Ukraine is HUGELY competitive when it comes to business. There’s one agency mentioned on here that is actually companies in the midst of being sued by clients and another that is owned by a man who has served jail time for child trafficking. It’s extremely important to to research and do your own due diligent.

For example, if any agency offers surrogacy services to same sex couples or single men, this is not legal for any Ukrainian company . Sure you may be a heterosexual married couple yourself but that agency will be breaking laws. Often they have it listed on their website so it’s easy enough to check.

I’m happy for anyone to reach out, you can inbox me or message me on my blog. I have actively shared and supported intended parents since I began my own surrogacy journey and hope you all have the same joy that we experienced when our son was born. S xx

·
Registered
7 Posts
Stilltryingandhoping said:
Hi Sakura

We recently used IVMed clinic for the ivf part combined with a different agency. I've written about my experience in my blog(the link is in my signature). Complete recommend them for the ivf part but I wouldn't use them as the agency.
Hello! We have just signed a surrogacy program with them and the IVMed Family agency, they seem quite experienced and professional. Could you please explain why wouldn't you use them as an agency?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree with Stilltryingandhoping that there are a LOT of agencies and clinics on here posing as intended parents. Some are quite obvious (and should be reported when you see them), others are more subtle. It's true that Ukraine is a massively competitive, but that doesn't justify the manipulative and unethical approaches these clinics are taking. The industry is also under-regulated which is a known problem.

I can't add much on the surrogacy side, but we did use Darwin Life Nadiya in the Ukraine for OE and DE IVF which is also known for Surrogacy. We were horrified by our experience there. The director of the clinic had the nerve to tell us we were ungrateful when they refused to given us the remaining eggs we'd paid for. It still sickens me to this day thinking about that clinic and the traumatic retrieval experience.

I don't know what other clinics are like there, but in all my research and the women I've spoken to, not one person had a good word to say about the Ukraine. The only positives were from the fake accounts by agencies and clinics. Georgia on the other hand gets better feedback and I've emailed with two women (real people, ha!) who had DE and surrogacy treatment there and found the experience to be good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am sorry for your negative experience with the clinic, but I believe it's quite a statement to say that nobody was satisfied with Ukraine. Yes, there are some agencies and clinics that don't seem trustworthy, but that's why you need to do your research. There is a ******** group where a lot of couples share their experience, obviously accounts are not fake. I have been in contact with a couple myself, that's how we have found the agency in first the place. They had only positive things to say, especially because the SM was found in two months (which is crazy)

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
@LilyBeau - I am sorry to read about your experienes with clinics in Ukraine. I have no personal experiences with them, but I have many friends from Ukraine and Poland who underwent treatment in Ukranian clinics. In general, the service in Ukrainian clinics is not at such level we get used to in Europe, but they started their transformation process not so long ago. They need time to start seeing a patient first, then dollars or Euros patients will pay at clinics. However, as my friends said they met wonderful docs and people even in less known clinics. I have not done much research on IVF clinics in Ukraine, but if I considered having my treatment in Ukirane, I would start from contacting Intersono.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Daniella, I have signed with IVMed Family in October, a shipping surrogacy program and in November I have already received 3 profiles to chose from. We have moved our embryos there from another clinic in Kyiv, where we have been waiting for a surrogate for 5 months! For 5 months and they didn't even find us one candidate. Our SM is pregnant from the first attempt, just a couple of months left till the delivery. Also, what I love about the clinic, according to their statistics and the couples I have talked to in social media, all babies are born in time (not prematurely). Obviously they care about their surrogates. Babies are born in a good maternity house. Before signing with any agency/ clinic learn what maternity houses they work with, because some even very big and well-known agencies send their sm's to give births in such terrible places, that we were genuinely shocked after seeing photos and reading reviews. Unfortunately, it's true that some agencies and clinics are only interested in signing contracts....

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Well-known agencies are based in the biggest cities in Ukraine, and there maternity houses are of really high standard.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's true, nevertheless, not all agencies work with those of high standards. I don't want to point out names, but I have done my research and I suggest everyone to do the same before signing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
DavidsonK Hey there! Thanks for reaching out, it's nice to meet more patients of the IVMed Family;) We know about the waiting time for the surrogate, that's why we have been looking for so long. Please receive my sincere congratulations, it's amazing that your SM is pregnant! Our whole process is on halt because of coronavirus situation, will you be able to travel for the delivery?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you, it's a true miracle, we still can't believe that we are going to see our baby soon.
This whole situation is devastating but we are trying our best to receive necessary documents to be there for delivery. IVMed Family is helping us a lot, they have sent the appeals to the embassy and we have already received a response, we need to get an approval now at home to leave the country. Maybe the quarantine will be over, that would ease the process of course. But I believe it's going to be ok in any case scenario and we will make it) Sorry that you're facing difficulties, I am sure when the pandemic is over, it's all going to be alright.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can only imagine. Well, I hope it all works out for you without problems, keep us updated please.
One more question, did you use DE or embryos were your wife's? How many embryos did you have? IVMed told us that we can store all the embryos and come for another program whenever we feel like it.
I am asking because we are in contact with another couple (they did their program in another clinic) and they told us that when they wanted to sign another program, the clinic told them that they can't use the same donor and that they didn't have their embryos from the same donor left... 
When they asked for the embryo protocol, they were told that they would receive it on email however till this day, they didn't. Very shady, in my opinion

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I would advise to contact the clinic asking them to send info they promised. In case of international communication emails might go to spam or a receiver does not get an email at all cos of various reasons. So, a sender is sure they sent, and a receiver thinks they did not send. Email providers might also block an email because of various reasons such an attachement in xx format, too short emails, etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you for your support! I am pleased to say that we are moving forward with the process! We have received a positive response from MFA at home, they requested ivmed to issue us invitation letters. It looks like we are getting permission after all. I suppose that the traveling part will still be very complicated because it seems like we are going to cross the land border. Trying not to think about that just yet, but we should be patient and solve the problems as they come. I just don't understand why everything has to be so complicated for us... I mean we have waited for so long and now it feels like there is no end to our struggles :-\

We had DE program at the previous clinic, we moved all of the embryos, of course they are stored at ivmed now, I don't think they even charged us for that. Idk, some clinics are really shady that's why it's very important to do your research and find real IP's on social media, on the internet and see what they have to say. No clinic is perfect and seeing those comments that look obviously translated from another language, with links, just make me sick. Maybe suggest them what Miamiamo has written above, who knows,maybe that's the case. Anyway, why would they conceal embryo protocol, isn't it in their interests that the client comes back for another program?

·
Registered
7 Posts
miamiamo Makes sense, I will pass your advice, hopefully that's what really happened. thank you

DavidsonK That's great! Just think of it as a detour, imagine how much experience you will gain, more than any IP's! And if you are planning to tell about it to your child some time in future, it will only add to the story: hero parents at the rescue of their newborn during the great pandemic of 2020 :) ;) Don't think about it as a struggle, but just as another step in our life. I completely understand you, now that we have to wait, but at least you can do something. I am happy to hear that the agency is helping you out.

Well, in the protocol the donor's number is indicated, how many eggs were retrieved. It's a document. That's the question, why are they doing that if they have nothing to hide? hopefully, their messages really ended up in spam or smth...

·
Registered
5 Posts
haha that sounds fun if it wasn't so complicated. it seems that the agency does everything they can, it's just all the official structures that make decision take so much time. Also we have so many things to take care of,  honestly, I don't know how we will make it ;D
Yes, I agree, embryo protocol is a document. Way back we received one from the clinic signed by the head doctor, with a stamp. Have they written you anything back? Now I am interested in what that clinic has to say too

121 - 140 of 161 Posts