Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
;D Hi Peter ;D

Im adding the smiles as im trying to be positive! Heres my rough history using di as dh is azospermic, had 6 iui's resulting one full term pregnancy. Trying for sibling 3 iui's failed moved on to ivf. Yesterday had 9 eggs removed 5 given away, 4 are all mine, Clinic phoned me to say the sperm has not ferilised any of my4 eggs so they are going to try suzi, im confused i thought suzi was used for mf problems? They mentioned something about egg receptors not not recieving the sperm, looked at books cant find any info on egg receptors, What are they and what are the chances of anyof the 4 eggs being of a good quality to fertilise??

Thanks peter

Connie
x

·
Registered
856 Posts
Connie said:
;D Hi Peter ;D

Im adding the smiles as im trying to be positive! Heres my rough history using di as dh is azospermic, had 6 iui's resulting one full term pregnancy. Trying for sibling 3 iui's failed moved on to ivf. Yesterday had 9 eggs removed 5 given away, 4 are all mine, Clinic phoned me to say the sperm has not ferilised any of my4 eggs so they are going to try suzi, im confused i thought suzi was used for mf problems?

I am confused as well. SUZI is old fashioned technology which no one uses now, ICSI is always used. There was probably a problem with the donor sperm. I don't understand the move to IVF when you were succesful with IUI??

They mentioned something about egg receptors not not recieving the sperm, looked at books cant find any info on egg receptors, What are they and what are the chances of anyof the 4 eggs being of a good quality to fertilise??

The are a range of receptors on the egg which recognise sperm but the clinic sounds as though they are using this to hide the fact that they have managed to get a failed fertilisation using donor sperm. You need to get back to them, find out exactly what has happened (no waffle) and find out why they used a donor sample which produced failed fertilisation. Your eggs clearly can fertilise as shown by your previous pregnancy!

Good luck!

Peter

Thanks peter

Connie
x

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Connie, wondered how you are, haven't heard from you in ages. ((((((((hugs))))))). Hope you manage to get some answers for your current situation.

Lots of Love
Sue
xxxxx

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just thought i would let u know apparantly my eggs did remarkably well, I got a Grade 1 and a Grade 2, and if i do concieve my embrologist is going to do a scientific paper on my treatment!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Good luck Connie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts