Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a sweep today to try and encourage baby due to blood pressure creeping up. It was 152/90. So to save haveing to induce me next week if it goes higher they did a sweep. Well 2hrs later I had what I think was a show snotty stuff with blood in it. I now have a pad in and am getting a bit of brown stuff. Could this be the start of it and what can I do to encourage it further. My tightenings have not got stronger but I do feel bruised but I think that is because the head is right down in my pelvis. She could feel the head when she did the sweep and said the sweep was easy to do but I was still quite firm and was about .5-1cm dilated but that can be quite normal with a second. Does all this sound promising as I really want to avoid being induced. I am to get my blood pressure checked again on Monday. Many thanks for your time.

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
Hi

every pain does a job and it may be that the tightenings you are experiencing are making your cervix shorten, before it starts to dilate.

Eat small meals frequently, keep active (especially in the bedroom where the earth moves for both of you, as sperm does the same sort of job as the prostin pessary  ;) - sorry if TMI) and await events

Take care x

1 - 2 of 2 Posts