Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have just read that swimming in the 2ww isn't a good idea .
Until i get my results back i have been trying to conceive naturally.I decided to learn to swimming after going on holiday last year and not being to join in the same.So would it be the same for me also i go to the gym about 3 times a week i don't doing anything on my abs once i know i have ovulated just incase i over do it.So that should be ok.
When i was first trying to conceive i was hardly doing anything just incase but 3 years on and nothing it ends up feeling your life is on hold just incase.

Thanks
bookworm

·
Banned
2,001 Posts
Hi Bookworm,

I believe swimming is only not advised after an IVF cycle (because embies have been transferred and need a stable, clean environment during 2ww). 

I believe that swimming and exercise is fine during natural (i.e. no ART treatment) ttc cycles (no abdominal exercises in 2ww though).  It sounds like you are doing fine with keeping up the exercise while ttc - I'm sure it can only do you good.

Good luck
Daisy

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
The reason swimming is not good after ar´s is because the cervix is slightly widened when the embryos are put back and this could be a avenue for infection. Normal conception, this does not happen.

Ruth

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hello

would the cervix remain widened for the whole 2WW, or just for the first few days?

thanks

zuzzy

·
Registered
90 Posts
I swam during the 2ww on one of my fet cycles and got a bfn, and it wasnt until I joined this site that I foiund it is advisable not to, I was quite cross because I remember asking the doctor following the transfer the do's and don'ts and she told me to carry on as normal and 'let nature take its course', so you do right to ask that sort of question.

I know its difficult when u enjoy exercise though and it sounds like u are ok to anyway

Good luck with ttc

Dawn33

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.