Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ruth

I was hoping you could advise.  It is OK to go swimming whilst on the 2ww.  Or do other form of exercise.

I am used to exercising quite a lot, at least 4 times a week, and I am now starting to feel worse for not exercising.  I run but think this is probably out, even though my clinic said I could.  they seem to think exercise is good as it increases blood flow to the pelvic area!

So I was wondering if swimming would be a suitable alternative, of other exercise at the gym which is less impact than running. 

I am just feeling really out of sorts not doing anything, and think this maybe worse for my embie, feeling all pent up and actually achey from not exercising, than doing some exercise.  I am only on day 4 I was thinking of giving it another couple of days before starting, as I would be past implantation stage by then

Can you help Ruth, or any other thoughts, any ladies who exercised and went on to get BFP?

DMK

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi

I was told not to do any exercise whilst in 2ww. We were not even advised to have a bath.

Could you go for some nice walks instead.

Louise  x

·
Banned
2,001 Posts
Hi DMK,

I was advised that gentle exercise like walking was fine in 2 week wait.  They advised me against swimming in public pools because of possibility of infection.  They also advised against baths, hot tubs etc. high impact exercise and heavy lifting.

If you are already fit then I'm sure continuing with walking every day is fine.

Good luck
Daisy

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I would agree that running is out and swimming isn´t advisable from an infection point of view but low impact stuff is fine just cut out the abs as they put strain on the stomach, just where you don´t want it!!

Ruth

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.