Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help we are taking our 2 year old twins away to majorca soon. I am just wondering what to buy them for the swimming pool in way of flotation device suits etc
I am not sure if they are too young for anything like this. I am just worried if they were to run off near the pool etc?
Has anyone bought anything or any ideas!!!!
Thanks
:)

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
HI
I got my DS a jacket with floats in it out of mothercare last year when he was 2 years 1 month old, it was suitable for ages 2-3 years but was a bit big on him at the time though did the job pretty well and he loved the independence in the water without having his arms hindered by arm bands which he had had before.  The jacket was also far more bouyant than water wings.  The only thing I found at this age was because he was a bit to light for it it crept up a bit and you did have to stay close by to grab him as his mouth could still bob under.  Now it fits him spot on and this isn't a problem at all.  He loves it and doggy paddles his way very happily around the pool  ;D He jumps in off the sides and the jacket just lets him go under then bobs straight back up! It cost about£20 I think and we have used it loads and has been well worth it.  There are about 8 floats in it which you can take out 2 by 2 so decreasing the bouyancy if you are teaching your child to support themselves in the water a bit more.  They do it in the next size up too so if I feel it will still be beneficial to him at that point I will happily buy the next one though he is still well within the weight limits for his current one.  If you have quite small children the the option for the size below age 2-3, in Mothercare anyway seems to be whole body suits that have floats around the chest area.  We didn't try that one so can't comment on that. 

Hope that helps  :)
Kiah xxx

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your help we have managed to but 2 mothercare swim jackets off ebay bargain!
Thanks alot
X

1 - 3 of 3 Posts