Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am 25 weeks pregnant and unsure whether to have the swine flu jab - experts seem to be now urging pregnant women to have it.

Please can you let me know whether you are considering it, had it or are not going to have it.

Thanks
Tara

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Hi Thornton

I just wanted to say that all mine had the vaccine last year and will this year. It's a year on now and there have been no recorded side effects from the vaccine given last year to pregnant ladies. The reason I say this is that today I did a shift on ITU. It's a small unit in a sleepy seaside town. There was 1 confirmed case there and 2 suspected cases (one almost certain has is). The suspected cases were a young, normally healthy chap, and a lady who was pregnant and had to have her baby early ( baby is fine and now home btw) She is not well at all and having to be transferred to a hospital in London. The confirmed one was a usually fit an well 44 year old

I really don't want this post to freak you out as it is usually a mild illness for most, but this has made me really chase up the boys jabs and they are having theirs next week (they are in a high risk group) As it's not been in the press much people think it's gone away but it does seem to be rearing its ugly head again but I didn't realise how much till today :-\ . I also found out that all our Docs and most of the Nurses have been done this year, a lot higher uptake than last year and in a group who are notoriously pants at taking medical advise xxxxxx ;)

« Last Edit: Today at 17:52 by slinkyfish »

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.