Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am 26 weeks pregnant and getting a little anxious about whether to have this jab or not.

Would anybody be able to tell me whether you decided to go for it or not - it does appear that the latest health advise is for all pregnant ladies to have it now.

Thanks
Tara

·
Registered
549 Posts
I had it. Most of the evidence (which is limited) shows it is not harmful. As you've prob seen in press, there are pregnant ladies in hospital currently with flu in quite life-threatening conditions - this threatens both them and the baby. I thought it was worth "risking" the jab. Of course I know that others will have completely different view and not want to take the "risk" (I see not having it as more risky, but that's just personal opinion!). Tabith xxxx

·
Premium Member
7,539 Posts
Hi Tara

There is a whole thread on this over on one of the other boards http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=248955.0 - personally, if I was still pregnant I would have it. I was going to get a jab anyway, but the GP won't do one and when I went to my local supermarket for one you had to book in and the times didn't fit in with when I had someone to help out with the boys.

All the best for the rest of your pregnancy ^reiki^

Karenanna xxx

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hi Tara

I was just talking to a colleague at work about this.  I watched the news at the weekend and they were saying how few people had got them done this year and they were advising pregnant women to make sure they get a flu jab.

Jane x

·
Registered
307 Posts
Sorry should have said they had a doctor on there advising pregnant women.

Jane x

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have, after huge amounts of deliberation, decided to have it. I'm 28 weeks pregnant and apparently there is a greater likelihood of complications in the third trimester (it appears the majority of the women admitted to ICU are in the third trimester).

I was concerned about the risk to my little one, but, there is a greater risk that I will get swine flu and have complications if I don't have the jab.

My mum was constantly bombarding me with horror stories about pregnant women on breathing machines!! But it was actually this article that changed my mind - which reassured me more about the effects of the vaccine http://www.nct.org.uk/info-centre/information/view-117

The article is from last year, but the detail still stands for this years vaccine too.

Hope you come to a decision that puts your mind at rest.

Claerwyn xx

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks ladies - I took the plunge and just had it done.  I had this really dipsy nurse who didnt know what she was doing and I ended up in tears - it felt strange having it done (kept worrying that I was harming the baby) and then started panicking she had given me the wrong injection!!! Yikes hormones.

Heres to happy pregnancy for you all.

Txxxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.