Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone,

hope your all enjoying the weather here in blackpool its gorgeous,glad i went to part time hours at work then i can catch some rays  ;D ;D

Anyways i hope someone can advise,i had a scan last week and baby is fine but my ovaries are still huge,i suffered with ohss and just wondered when they will reduce in size.Im only 15+4wks and im huge my belly looks as tho im 6 months pregnant and its a litlle embarressing when people say how far on am I.

Also i have felt baby moving,or am i just being silly as its too early  ^idiot^ but baby seems to respond when im rubbing cream on my belly.

love janine xx

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
jini, mine had started reducing by 12 week scan they had shrunk about a cm so i have never had them checked since as presumed as the placentas were taking over then that they were shrinking.  I've not had any trouble from them so guess things are ok.  What does your consultant say?  Actually my hospital did say if they were still big by 12 week scan they may have to drain them so i was glad they shrank.  Talk to your doc and get another scan to look at them and ask for a consultant at hospital to review the scan.  ^hugme^

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi just wondering what the size of your ovaries are.  I was never diagnosed with ohss but when i went for my first scan at 8 weeks, they said both ovaries were 8cm each.  I felt very uncomfortable knowing this, and like you I look a lot more pregnant than I actually am!  I asked the midwife what would happen if they didn't go down, and she couldn't answer.

Thanks Moo

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
moomoo it sounds like you have OHSS, your ovaries should be about 2cm and mine were about 9cm and i had moderate OHSS. They will go down though they are aggravated by the hormones ^hugme^

1 - 4 of 4 Posts