Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Girls
I'm having a bit of a bad day. As you know, we've not had the best experience with our SW (we took over 18 months to be approved), but now I feel that we are doing all of the running again.
Soon after our approval she had a flurry of activity, showing us details of two sets of siblings that she thought were suitable, however since then we've heard nothing about them. She then showed us details of another pair of siblings and two singletons... but thats as far as she ever gets! One boy's SW emailed her early in March to express an interest in us and it took until the end of March for her to respond and send us his details (there was an email papertrail from his SW), we keep telling her we are interested in these children and all we get told is that either she is very busy, the computer system has crashed, that she's sent 'an' email and heard nothing back and the latest was that one set of siblings had 'gone off her radar' and she'd chase up their SW. She has told us that she's had 'a lot of interest in us', but she never seems to do anything about it! I know that she is busy. I know that she has our (and the childrens) best interest at heart, but this lack of communication is getting to me. I have to keep emailing her to ask how things are going. The latest disappointment is the boy we heard about in March. After badgering her, I've just received an email to say that his SWs don't want to take it further. We rather liked the look of this chap. I know others of you have had the same problem.
We went to an adoption exhibition recently (a total waste of time) and we were asked if we would like to go on the National Adoption Register. Is this something that we do ourselves, or is it done automatically through our SW? I don't want to upset her by doing this, but at the same time I feel it would at least I would be doing something proactive.
Any advice or positive thoughts would be gratefully received.
Love to all
Elaine

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Hi Elaine

wow, it could have been me writing your post, we have had the same problem, we emailled our sw months ago with a list of children from bmp and never heard anything back, in the end i contacted the sw direct only to find that at least one of the children had already been placed. it is so frustrating. Have a look at the website for the National Adoption Register, i think it depends on what agency you are with, im sure on the website it says agencies normally refer you onto it 6mths after you have been approved.

Its a shame we have to rely on SW's so much to find children, wish we could just approach childrens sw's direct, would save a lot of time. I hate having to email our sw cos i can imagine that every time she receives an email from me she curses. Our sw was great during the homestudy etc but i cant say we are impressed with her post approval.

Have you had a family finding meeting with her? ours was a waste of time, all we can do is carry on looking at bmp or cww.......

Good luck

Julia x

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Hello,

I work with SWer's and some are great and some are not.

I would nag, nag and nag some more.

Best of luck

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hello

I think all SWs must be the same I am constantly emailing ours as she is part time and always seems to be on holiday.

Anyway you can be put on the national adoption register once you have been approved 3 months. Your SW has to do it but you can complete a form on their website and they will chase her up. I have nagged at our SW and she is eventually putting us on. She did ask if we would prioritise our LA if a match was found at the same time.  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^. I thought the idea is that the best home for the children is found not that you stay within your LA.

Anyway hope you get sorted soon.

Sx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts