Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have not had my AF since 24 Nov and have been taking Synarel since 14/12/04.

I have woken up this morning and done a first response pregnancy test (after DH pestering me for the last 2 weeks to do one) and there are 2 dark pink lines...what should I assume??? I am pregnant or is it the synarel? :-\

Please help as i am going mad with worry now as I know I've been taking synarel for what feels like ages now!!! :(

I'll be checking with clinic when they open at 9am but just wondering if anyone who is knows anything or been in a similar situation.

Thanks

Amba

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Hi Amba,

Sounds to me like you're already pregnant!  As far as I know, Synarel doesn't contain hcg which is what the pg tests are looking for so it's looking good I would say.  As far as taking Synarel while pg (hopefully!) is concerned, I was told that it wouldn't cause any harm when I posted a question about it before.  Somebody told me that their friend had a similar situation to you and was actually pg without knowing whilst sniffing and she went on to have a healthy baby boy.

I really hope it's fantastic news for you - sounds to me like it is!!!
I would get a blood pg test done at your clinic to make sure.

Keep us posted,
petlamb xx

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Petlamb

Thanks so much for your positive reply.

I have called the clinic and I am going for a blood test and possibly a scan tomorrow. The nurse said that it sounds like I am pregnant but with me taking the medication to surpress my hormones not sure if it will last. So I am praying nothing like that will happen.

Will let you know tomorrow what they say.

Love Amba

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Ask if you can start cyclogest pessaries immediately as that is what we did for anyone in this situation so that your body gets a boost of hormones and helps maintain pregnancy.

Ruth

1 - 5 of 5 Posts