Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im currently having a temporary menopause (to reduce endo on my ovaries). The clinic have told me that once the 3mths is over AF should arrive and I will then have an ultrasound to check all is ok. All being well the DE treatment will kick in (Stimms for donor etc) and ET should be in August
Now im really sorry to be a pest but i feel i ought to give the clinic a break from some of my questions!

At the point the donor starts stimming shall I expect to be given any medication? Im confused about how they synchronise our cycles. What day in my cycle would they normally expect ET to occur?

Sorry If im sounding dim but i think ive done so much bloomin googling Ive made myself even more confused!

xxxxxxx

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi,

Ive just done a Egg share cycyle and i had to take the pill for a few weeks to sync our cycles

Nades xx

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hi Shellspain,
Im actually in the middle of my 1st de cycle in tenerife at the moment. I imagine clinic vary but here's how they have done it with me so far.... bearing in mind they didnt even have a donor lined up for me when I started which I was more than a bit concerned about. (Although there isnt a waiting list there and is no shortage of donors).
First I started taking the pill on the 1st day of period. 15 days later I had a one off injection of Decapeptly to DR.
I finished the months bcp and got my period 5 days later. Then I started taking Progynova 3mg morning and 3mg night to built up the lining in the womb. I've been taking Progynova for 2 weeks now and getting scans and estrodiol blood tests every 7 days. They told me yesterday that my donor has just started her meds and all being well in around 10 days will have EC followed by 3 days later me having ET.
The way I understand it is we have to be ready for our donors but that ET doesnt have to be strictly one precise day like EC does. As long as our lining is a certain thickness. I hope I'm making sense here and not confusing you even more. I can remember wondering the same as you before I started this cycle and couldnt find much info on it. Good luck. Kath xxx

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks girls for your replies!

Kath, I too have been looking and whilst there is loads and loads of info around there was nothing to explain to me when during MY cycle I should be having ET. It all seems a bit odd as I thought that it would need to mid cycle so that my AF didnt arrive say on ET day!
Thank you so much  for 'sharing' your experiences!!!

best wishes to you both

xxx

·
Registered
434 Posts
I know what you mean but I think that the Progynova tablets stop that from happening. If Im not mistaken.
Kath
xxxx

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
With me and Hobbesy. we both took the pill, then stoppe dit on the same day and had baseline scans on CD2/3 after we'd bled.

The I started with progynova to thicken my lining, while she did stims.. and then added progesterone when she had EC.  In effect, the recipient is synchronised the match the donor.. it's hard to be precise but I think EC is usually at something like Cd10-14, and ET 2-5days after that.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Shell, I'm on a never ending (so it feels) egg share cycle so I recently asked what my recipient is doing.  My clinic has the donor down regulate for four weeks so the cycles will get together.  I'm not sure if the recipient is taking BC or what during that time.  They just told me after my baseline that she starts estrogen pills to thicken the lining of her womb. 
My last two cycles I DR for four weeks then stemmed for almost two weeks before EC and ET.  It's during the last two weeks my lining is getting thick and it's also during that time they are thickening hers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts