Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Am really suffering with constipation and due to test on Fri but doc has suggested I should try and avoid taking stuff for my constipation until I know the result.  The trouble is I am in a lot of discomfort and not too sure if its because of this or from the progesteron.  I am incredibly bloated and my stomach is very painful and getting lots of AF pains too.  Anyway, do you think it would be safe to take a small dose of lactulose. 

Am due to test Friday but going to test tomorrow instead! 

Also has anyone else experienced this? 

xxx

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
i am pregnant but have been taking lactulose since i was about 7 weeks pregnant due to bowels being sluggish with twin pregnancy.  Lactulose is fine to take during pregnancy so not sure why doc would not advice it?  Maybe check with them again?

Also i was bloated too but it turned out to be OHSS (got it with my BFP a week early) which caused that so are you sure its not OHSS do you have any other symptoms of it?  Although i know cyclogest does cause bloating too.

To keep my bowels in good order now i drink every day with breakfast a pint with 1 pro-biotic drink in, topped up with half a pint of strawberry and banana innocent fruit smoothie and then to top of glass with OJ.  Its quite tasty.  Strawberries are high fibre and the drink counts as 2 of your 5 a day fruit and veg plus the pro-biotic is good, i used to put the lactulose in it too but in all honesy i havne't put any in for a couple of weeks and am going once/twice a day.

hope that helps x

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
Congrats on you twin pregnancy.  I did wonder about OHSS as I had 24 follies when went for EC and got 20 eggs.  Was so bloated before then that I couldnt walk.  Clinic didnt say I had OHSS but walked to the shops today and was out of breath and thats not like me

xx

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
breathlessness is a sign, personally i would contact your clinic they can scan you and look for excess fluid.  OHSS during 2ww is often a sign of a BFP too, i only had 11 eggs/follies and was fine at ET but coz it was 2 bubs producing HCG and my ovaries had not quiet down yet (and they implanted nice and early) just stirred up my ovaries so i got the OHSS.  Other signs i beleive are headaches and sickness feeling (not that i had those).  Also my stomach was about 6 inches bigger (measuring around belly button) so i kinda looked 4 months pregnant from 3 weeks pregnant!  ACtually once i walked into my clinic the consultant said oh yes you are distended before he even scanned me.  If you think your stomach has grown a lot and is distended (i found i was walking a bit hunched over as hurt to straighten out) and became uncomfortable to sleep, plus the breathlessness or any sickness, headaches etc then give your clinic a call.  ^hugme^

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Just tested and got a BFP!!!!!

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi

on your ^BFP^

I suffered from constipation during the ^2ww^ and took Prune Juice, just a glass was enough to get things moving again. Don't take any more as you won't leave the loo for hours ;D ;D ;D It will take a good few hours to work ;)

Congrats again.

x x x x

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
oh congratulations!  ^BFP^ ^BFP^ ^BFP^ early morning wee is normally most concentrate too so a BFP at this time of day is very good.  Call your clinic in the morning and tell them and tell them about the feeling bloated/distended coz it could be an OHSS sign and they should at least check you out.  If you do turn out to get it PM me as i have some links will help you through  ^hugme^

Once again congrats on getting that long awaited BFP i bet you are on  ^cloud9^

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi
Thanks - cant actually believe it and am going to get another test tomorrow to double check!  Waited for this for so long and cant believe it!  Will be ringing clinic first thing and getting checked about the OHSS as it does seem to make sense!  Also getting that prunce juice - sounds horrid but necessary!  Have been advised apricots are good so getting some of those too!

Just so excited and giddy now though!

xx

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
good luck hun, let us know how you get on  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^hugme^

scooby - hats off to you on the prune juice that stuffs rank  :eek: :eek: ;D

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
I didn't think the Prune Juice is that bad ~ admittely its an acquired taste but you do get used to it and it does wonders for your insides  ;D  ;D  ;D  I haven't found anything else that does the trick as well  ;)

x x x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts