Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new home girls

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hello everyone

Just popped in to see how you all are, I just cannot keep up with you all!!

Carol, fantastic news on yor review, it sounds like they really going to get it right for you this time. Sorry you will be laying off the ^drunk^ in Stratford, please join me on the OJ's, it will be a pleasure.

Lou know you don;t want a big fuss this time round but wishing you alll the best for this cycle.

I'm sorry girls I can't mention you all by name but I'm looking forward to seeing you all so much in Stratford!!

Lots of love

Vicky xx

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Thanks Vicky for your good wishes, your rightthough I am staying in the background this time round, less far to fall that way!! :-*

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Evening everyone

Just popped in to say hi

Carol - really pleased that things went well at the meeting. You sound so positive which is really fantastic. You'll be PG in no time!

Lou - glad to hear that you got an apology at least. Masses of luck for your next go.

Paula - hope you are doing ok. Don't ever worry about "offloading" - that's the beauty of FF

HOpe the rest of you are ok and enjoying the sunshine

Sophie
xx

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Hello

Carol - can't believe you are off to the cycle buddies board but chuffed for you at the same time!!!!! Good luck. So pleased for you that your results came back fine. You sound lovely and positive now, hold onto that ^reiki^

Lou - posted to you on the NK thread, good luck!!!!! We are godparents (me for the first time!) on Sunday but in a different church to you!

Dee - the tan topping sounds wonderful, you will look like you have been abroad!!!! Post up your Q's it will be good for us all to have a nose at them might inspire me a bit! Apart from tan topping and Q forming how are you?

Laine - hope AF stays away for you!!!! Hope you are OK too.

Paula - you are allowed to off load on here, that's what this is all for? Why you ****** off? Still not feeling like work?

Wizz - good on you for your life getting back to normality! Hard to get back on track isn't it.....

Camilla - great to hear from you too. How is the house? Lots of ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ coming your friend's way, I really hope the treatment works for her and she can fight it.

Love Sue
xxxxxx

·
Registered
665 Posts
Hiya girls

My God there are so many of us at the moment :p :(
It's a quicky from me tonight so sorry that i wont be replying to you all personnally...just tooooo many ;) ;D

First & formost "CAROL" Brilliant news!!... go on then *iss off to another tread just when i've rejoined you...you trying to tell me something ;) ;D
I'm so pleased that you sound so much more +ve,i'm sure that this will be the one for you...so much is different this time & all in your favour,it has to work ^spot^ ^spot^ ^spot^ ^spot^ ^spot^,your bubba will be with you soon. Glad to loose you ;D but sad too :(, if you know what i mean...go on girl get yourself ready for that ^reiki^ in aug/sept :-*

SueL hope you're ok & mask is off today,mine is full-on as 1st day back at work :( make-up trowelled on today ;) but it went ok,glad to be home though. ow's the gym going??

Woppa..another one i'm glad to see leave ;) ;D,for the right reasons of course, good luck hun..go join carol in the +ve thread...thinking of you,i'll keep a check on you both,keep each other snane ;D

Laine welcome ome from your hols hope you had a good one xx

Paula..don't ever worry about offloading ,that's what we're all here for,you have good reason to be *issed off so ^mercy^ ^furious^ away!! ^group^

Lou..so pleased that you got an apology..good luck next time arround ^reiki^

For those of you who've kindly asked,my fur-babies are cocker spanials...they're in the gallery,they've grown alot since then though,they were 7wks old then 10 now,i'll put some updated pic's in there wen i get them...i love them to bits,they're gorgeous.

Hope you all magage to sleep in this muggy weather,it's soo hot up here,mustn't complain tough :-\

Take care all of you
luv
juel xxx

·
Registered
665 Posts
Dee...sorry... i've posted you on the investigations thread, hope you're ok
luv
juelxx

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
hi girls
jo thanks for the post hun my af has showed thank god and i will see the doc in september to see whats next i think fet 5 day blast is going to be my next try and please god this time all will go well for all of us speak soon girls this heat is killing me cant sleep good luck to everyone starting next cycle you are all in my thoughts and prayers god bless everyone
love always lilly xxxx

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Awwwwwwwwwwww Paula,

Sending you big hugs hun, these feelings are completely normal love and i think you may be suprised that Peter will respond differently to how you imagine him too.

I hope things start to get better but we dont mind you offloading on us, that is what we are here for, i just wish i could do something to help you.

Lots love and hugs

Mel

x x x

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Hey Paula

1. There's nothing as funny as folk .... the 13 in your office probably all think that they are doing the right thing? Some will be thinking it is good for you to talk, others will be thinking that you are better left alone and not to mention your mc, so will be avoiding you in case they say something "wrong". Do you feel up to telling them all what you want ... or just tell one of them and let them be the messenger?

2. It is a fact of life .... men are BAD patients! One of the best avoidance tactics I know is to retire to the bath with a chilled glass of wine and a good book?
Or ... as Mel says maybe Peter will respond differently than you think - tell him how bad things are at work. The work thing is nothing to do with how the two of you would handle treatment it's about other people.

3. Your mum sounds like a wonderfully positive and funny lady. I'm sure she will be fine ... I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry - if she knew you were worrying about her, I bet she would be worrying about you worrying, and that's far to much worrying going on!

I wish there was more I could say or do to make it better for you ... you have been through enough and don't deserve this rotton time.

Sending you a big hug
Loads of Love
Dee
xxx

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi Paula

I'm so sorry you're not feeling well, but in a way it's quite natural. The shock is leaving your system and that makes room for a lot of thoughts and a lot of feelings. I know it doesn't help, but everything you feel right now is so natural.
Like the others already said give both Peter and your workmates the benefit of the doubt. In my experience problems occur when we stop talking to each other and assume that other people understand how we feel and what we need.

I have learned something about people. Most of them are kind and good inside, most people want to do the right thing. Then we have all these other things, like fear and insecurity that often turns the best intentions into something ugly.
You would be surprised how supportive people around you can be if you just tell them what you feel, and what you expect from them. It's so easy to say those bad things, but it's much more difficult to say the nice things and to talk about feelings.

I know I very often say: talk to people around you, and I know it's much easier for some of us than others. It is that feeling of not admitting what is going on that sometimes creates problem because everyone around you has to guess.
When we started our treatment I gathered up my co-workers and told them all about what was going to happen. I told them how I thought I would feel, and that I probably would stay home for a couple of days. They have given me a tremendous support, and especially when things started to go wrong. The interesting thing is to see how they have grown, and how they have taken more and more responsibility to ease my load.

There are nothing weak about admitting weakness, on the contrary your worries that Peter would think that you are not strong enough to go through treatment shows a tremendous strength.
Even though you feel like you do right now, you are contemplating on this and as always the first step on the way is awareness. You have so much strength in you, I guess you only have to be aware of it, and I'm sure Peter is aware of it if you just talk to each other about it.

Take care of you and a big hug ^group^

Love
Lind

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hi Girls

Paula - There is nothing I can say to you that hasn't already been said. So a big hug ^group^ is cybering its way to you. Enjoy your extended weekend.

Juel - Those fur babies piccy are lovely.

Sue L - How are you today?

Lou - When do you think you will be starting your next tx?

Af ^witch^arrived for me last night along with a stinker of a migraine ^puke^so went (no collapsed) into bed at 8pm after bursting into tears. ^mercy^ I really thought that after the relaxing holiday in Spain and lots of loving BMS that just maybe it was our turn. How wrong was I. ^furious^

Anyway today I have been tearful ^mercy^again on and off and my depression is taking full advantage. I have also joined the August/September thread with Carol and Woppa but am going to hang around here for a while too.

Lainexx

·
Premium Member
6,838 Posts
Hi Everyone.

Carol - Fantastic news about your review, I am sure we will be able to have a drink or two for you at Stratford ^drunk^ and at least you might go back to the right room ^chuckle^.
I am so pleased for you, this is gonna be your turn, keep positive hun, you will soon be there ;)

Juel - Hope your fur babies are still being good ;) Hope work is ok, and the mask is on, but hope it comes off sometimes (((((hugs)))))

Laine - So sorry to read your news today, you will be in good company with Carol and Woppa ;) Good luck for then, hope you feel better soon.

Paula - I am sorry to read you are feeling a bit low this week, but remember we are all intitled to feel like this sometimes, cant always be feeling fine, all this stuff takes time to get over, so take all the time you need, and Im not reply to the fruit loop thing :p Hope you didnt get to wet in the rain :p
We are here to listen to things as many times as you need to tell us, we will listen to you, so please remember that.

SueL - Hope you are well, see you soon ;D

Lilly - Gald AF turned up, September will be here before you know it, in the mean time enjoy yourselves, have some "us" time, it is rather nice :p ;D

Hi to everyone else, there are so many of us on here lately.

I havent been around much lately, which I do apoligise for, just trying to have some nice times at the moment, and trying to forget about all this stuff, hard but trying, then I go and pick up a viral infection that has brought me out in a huge rash, all over my body :(, looks lovely........NOT !!!!!!!!!, still the doc says it should be gone soon, hope he is right ::).

I went to the local support group last night, lovely girls ;D had a really nice time, and MelH, they dont bite ;D, they are all lovely, hope to see you there next time.

Take care everyone

Love and hugs
Jo
x x x

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi All,

Some of you I've spoken to before and some I haven't as I'm fairly new but just wanted to say:

Paula - Sorry to hear you're having a difficult time at the moment, sending a big ^group^ to you.

Carol - Good luck for your cycle sending lots of ^reiki^

Dee - How are you and hows the tan going - pouring with rain down here at the moment, I'm hoping it will be OK for the weekend need to top up the tan myself.

Mel H - Hope the meeting went OK, enjoy your holiday and I'II catch up with you really soon.

I'm now doing OK after my neg IUI. I have my review with my consultant on 23rd July and as all this is still fairly new I would appreciate any advice or any questions that I could put to my consultant. Not too sure what to ask him if anything????

Lots of love
Nic
xx

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hi Girls,

Jo - Thanks for you good wishes. Hope that rash disappears soon.

Nic - Hello you - I don't think we have spoken before. Just wanted to say we had an abandoned IUI (1st attempt) in May and are going for another try in August. What are you going to do? Go for IUI again? Like you we are also un-explained.

Dee - I expect you are going to sun yourself in the garden again over the weekend if it is nice. Still I 'spose it is cheaper than going on hols for same thing.

Paula - Thinking of you and hoping you feel a little better.

Juel, Mel H, Lilly, Indianna, Camilla, Wizz, Lou, Carol, Woppa and anyone I missed - hi there and have a nice day.

I have been very tearful ^mercy^ again this morning and am really trying to pick myself up. Am off to my mum/dads for couple of days. Its my sisters hen night tonight and the Essex meet tomorrow. I really am hoping that I am o.k and can somehow enjoy myself. :( :)

Have a good weekend everyone.

Lainexx

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
hi girls
just to update on me af has gone only stayed one day im going mad with this if it dosnt come by next week i will do a test but i know the answer but who knows lol i hope but know im not thinking of you all and praying we get there soon lots of love lilly xxx

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi,

Laine, Hope you are feeling alittle better by the time you read this and I hope your weekend was OK. I think like most I also cried loads infact I probably cried for England!!!!!! :'( :'( :'(

We have a review with consultant on 23rd, but hopefully we will be going for our second attempt at IUI end of August. ;D

To everyone else, the weekend is mean't to be sunny down in the south so DH and I are off for a long weekend in St Leonards on Sea had some mixed reviews, some say it;s lovely and some same bad move so I'II let you know how I get on. ::)

Have a lovely weekend and enjoy the ^sunny^ if you see him.

Lots of love
Nic
xx

·
Premium Member
6,838 Posts
Hi Girls
Lilly - Was AF due, or could it be implantation.........God I hope so, that would be fantastic ;D, you never know things like this do happen.

Dolly Hope you have a great weekend, it is sunny down here in the south, well it is here where I am ;D.

Hope everyone else has a great weekend, having a BBQ later with my family, which will be nice.

AF arrived yesterday, still not normal but here on time, so something must be working right, anyway, 1 more then I start on the Sept one ^scared^ and ^jumpin^.
Cant wait really !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love and hugs to all
Jo
x x x

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Hi girls
Haven't been able to post for a few days - went into work on Monday after hols and found my office had been packed up whilst I was away, and everything is in boxes and I'm hotdesking in another dept whilst my office is demolished, rebuilt and decorated etc. Talk about upheaval. Plus I've had urgent press releases to write etc, so all in all it's been manic, and I've been too tired to log on.
So, I've much to catch up on.
Lou - the IVF has come round quickly in the end. How do you feel? Hope this is the one. What did Gaffar say when you saw him? Heaps of luck. ^spot^ ^spot^ ^spot^ ^spot^ I've still not had my review, I just can't face it. DD starts school in September, so I'll get that out of the way and perhaps start then. Jo - perhaps I'll be cycling with you - will you be August Sept or Sept Oct?
Paula - I don't know what to say that others haven't said, but send you a big ^group^
Laine - good luck in August Sept
All these August cycles make me wish I was too - but I don't feel right about it just yet. The fact that my biological clock is in overdrive just doesn't penetrate my brain! ^stupid^

Dee, Lilly, Carole, Dolly, and everyone I'm bound to have missed - have a great weekend!

Fee xxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Hi all

Hope everyone is enjoying the ^sunny^ ? We are having friends for a BBQ tonight, well they are joining us for a BBQ!

Fee - sounds like it's been mad for you. Don't worry about not being ready yet, I'm far from ready.........

Jo - glad your AF was here (although I wish she wasn't) but now it's here it makes the next cycle closer for you :-* My af is far from here! Hope your viral infection is clearing up...... :-*

Dolly - enjoy St Leonards on Sea with your dh!

Laine - hope you are OK and that you enjoy your sisters hen night and the essex meet!

Paula - we'll never get fed up of hearing if you are having a bad time. You are right, people on here are generally more understanding than other people and can empathise totally. I hope you feel better soon, doesn't mean you are going to stop hurting for a while but just letting it all out sometimes helps.

Carol - hope you are OK?

Juel - how are those pups? and you and your mask? Hope it's off as it's the weekend!

Been out for lunch with a friend, shopping (makeup, hair stuff and some salsa shoes - how sad am I!), had my hair cut!

Tomorrow we are going to a christening where I am godmother to one of my closests friend's little boy.

So today we bought him an Oak tree which is beautiful and will grow strong and sturdy like him. We had to deliver it today as it was a struggle getting the tree and in and out of my car! Poor Nic she was in tears.

Anyway that's me........ Still waiting for my activitated NK cell test back, sure it will be here soon!

Love Sue
xxxxxxxxxxx

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.