Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiya, we have the chance at a last minute holiday with my parents next thursday, for two weeks in egypt, would i be mad for considering it? the weather will be 30 degrees which worrys me although we would take a pop up sun tent and all in 1 swim suits/hats ect, dh realy wants to go but im not so sure it a good idea, any thoughts? thanks
lisa

·
Registered
389 Posts
Lisa - I would go for it especially as your parents will be there to help out.  Children adapt to the heat better than adults and I'm sure they will love going in the pool etc.  We're going to Turkey with our three for 2 weeks in August, the boys will be 13 months and DD will be 3.....and I can't wait.  I'm sure you'll have a fab time, enjoy it!!!

·
Registered
479 Posts
no not mad. get it over with now and then you will get over the worry - its fine - really - i took mine at 4 months and then again at 5 months just so i could get the practice - without my husband but with rellies. 

30 degrees isnt too bad - heck sometimes the boys bedroom was nearly that when they went to bed in the summer last year.  Take all the usual precautions and enjoy the slow pace, help from your parents and genuine kindness to children and parents of anyone who lives round the med (in my experience)

Abby

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Lisa - totally agree - go for it!!  My 2 survive perfectly well here in the high 30's and even into the 40's!!
Just make sure you push the extra fluid's and slap on the sunscreen!!

HAve fun  :)

·
Premium Member
3,865 Posts
Do it!!  Blimey, if you don't go, we will! ;D ;D

DH and I are off to Portugal next month, with 12 week old twins and an 18 month old :)  Only problem is that under 2s have to travel on an adult lap.  Er... one, two... ;D

xx Clare

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hi Lisa,

We've been away loads of times with the twins since they were born.  The only thing about Egypt is the stomach upsets which iare quite common, but your little ones wont be eating I guess so they will be fine....just take plenty of meds for you and your family! 

Yvonne x

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hiya, thanks for all your replys, i was concerned about stomach bugs as last time we went dh was sooooooooo ill he almost ended up in hospital (were going to a different hotel this time ;D ) ill have to take about 100 jars of baby food  ;D ;D
lisa x

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hi

My 2 have been to spain, portugal Hong kong (this was at 1 year)

When they small  i took the cow and gate packet food that you mix with Milk or water to save on space.

you can blow up a small paddling pool and fill with water for them to splash in round by the pool and they will love it.

Its easier than you think.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I would say go for it !!  We have just come back (today) from Portugal and I admit I was dreading taking the boys but everything was perfect.  We were with my parents and always made sure that we weren't in the midday sun.

Sharon xx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts