Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today has been a bad day. Boys were tired and ratty so I thought a change of scenery would help. So off we went to play group. Normally they love it and to be fair, considering they are with each other 24 / 7, they get on very well and play together really nicely. However today they were a flippin nightmare. What ever one had the other one wanted and so it continued. At home if they fight over something I take the toy away, so today I took it away but there was no where to put the damn thing and other kids wanted to play with it. I tried distracting them with something else but that failed too  :mad:  Ignoring them just made matters worse. Then on top of it all this awful child minder woman, who is really competitive with her children (I think she thinks I'm a child minder too  ::) ) started shoving her nose in  ^bigbad^  I the end I took them home under protest and with the help of 2 of my friends managed to get the screaming banshees into the car  ^censored^

Once home they were fine and just sat playing quietly  ::)

What do you do to stop a full on fight / tantrum in public?

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
I think packing up and leaving is the only option

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks DG. I do wonder if they just needed some peace and quiet? Maybe playgroup was a bad move...

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I cringe and try to escape too LOL mine usually do it at asda in Q to pay so I am stuffed unless I leave all my shopping I've just traipsed them round getting, it is so hard, mine tend to be monsters at playgroup, more so than at home and always shout at other toddlers to get off as of course all toys there are theirs ! urgh mind you as no one there speaks to me I quite like not giving a sutff what they all think !  Yopu tried the usuals remove, distract etc so not sure what else you could have done, distracting rarely works with mine lil horrors LOL infact mien are due to go to the clickey playgroup tomorrow but as I feel pants with chest infection think I'm gonna give it a miss....

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh poor you Sam. Hope you feel better soon  ^hugme^

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
SF: at least you haven't had to grab your 7 yo and get assistance to manhandle him into the car after he threw a tantrum at his kung fu class at having to wear trainers he said were too tight (I kid you not!) I had the twins with me too. Took several of us to get me out of there!!!!!

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^  I feel your pain... Are you better by the way?  ^hugme^

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Yes. had high temp yesterday but thankfully ok today! Being ill isn't really an option!!

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know that feeling xxx

G

·
I think you did the only thing possible, removing them from the playgroup.  They're possibly trying out new things since there's more people / toys to react to to test you with as well.

I seem to have the opposite problem though.  We're over at a friend's for play this morning.  All 3 get on really well and go to nursery together but as soon as they're together either at ours or theirs, the other one kicks off and has major strops/tantrums leaving our two totally bemused. e.g. D and R have a watch and friend's DD kicked off because she wanted a watch.  We took it off D when she came over.  At ours she kicked off because D was drinking out of his beaker and she wanted it.  Same goes for toys, she wants all of our toys to herself!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.