Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I do it? I would do the 2-hour teeth whitening laser thing about 2 days before starting on the stimming hormones. After that I have to use a cream every night for about a week. The people at the dental centre don't know if there might be any negative interaction with the outcome of IVF and are a bit concerned.

What do you think? I really don't see how it could interfere...

·
Banned
2,001 Posts
Hi Zuzzy,

Not a nurse so this is a purely personal view.  I wouldn't do this myself because if I got a bfn I would always wonder about it (even if I was told it was safe).  In my experience, the fewer things you can blame a bfn on, the better (even if it is irrational).

Daisy

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hi Zuzzy

I am a dental nurse but have never heard of any contra indication with ivf, I will find out for you tomorrow and ask one of the guys I work with if they know of our have heard of anything,
personally I wouldnt of thought there would be any problems the only thing with the whitening procedure ( i presume you are having britesmile due to length of time?) is that it can be claustraphobic as a light practically sits in front of your face, the gel that is applied to your teeth gets suctioned up after each 20 min interval and a new coating is then applied until the hour is up the other hour is taken up by applying a 'dam to your gums and taking photos and shades etc.
If your still unsure about it I would say leave it until you have more information that satisfys you,
Hope this helps and will let you know tomorrow what dentist tells me, will im you
Sweetie (mel)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks!!!!! yes please do find out.

zuzzy

·
Registered
622 Posts
HI Zuzzy,
spoke to dentist, she has never heard or read of any contra-indications with ivf and tooth whitening, the gel remains on your teeth and you should not ingest any, as I said before and she agrees if unsure leave until after all is finished with ivf just for own peace of mind.
hope this helps

Mel (sweetie)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I'm thinking of leaving it - I also heard it's unpleasant and I wouldn't want unpleasant activities to interfere with follicle growth!

Cheers!

Zuzzy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts