Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is all new to me as DD1 got all her teeth without me knowing!  DD2 is another story..we are still waiting for teeth but she is deffo teething.  One day she hardly has milk y'day was the worst as she had only 14oz but ate well...it seems she is either off food or milk.  Is this normal?  I need to know I am not alone.

DD1 always drank all her milk and was on around 30oz of milk at this age?  DD2 is 17lb does this seem healthy?

This has been going on since October and we are still waiting for teeth.....

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
No you're not alone, all 3 of mine went on weight watchers when they were teething  ::)  Sam especially cut his teeth hard and it went on for months  :-\  I have to say though, when he wasn't having an episode of teething he more than made up for the lack of food and milk!

I spoke to my HV about it and apparently they can swallow up to a litre of saliva a day when they're teething, so it's no wonder they don't want much!  :eek: :eek: :eek:

Try the usual pain relief about 20-30 mins before food or milk (calpol, neurofen) and rub some Anbesol liquid on her gums. It's great stuff and really seems to help

xx

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks slinky will try the liquid I am using gel before feeds.

glad i am not alone.

She isn't a good feeder anyway but this has set her back even more...i should be introducing more variety to her food but she probably wouldn't eat it anyway!

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
It's a real shock after you've had a baby that's fed well isn't it? DD was a total food monster, but both her brothers, especially Jack, are less keen  :mad:  I must admit it can be hard work at times but I've learnt that you can't force them to eat / drink, so to leave it and not battle.

Your DD sounds healthy to me hun. My 2 boys never drank the recommended daily amount of milk and some days had well under it. However they kept to their centile lines nicely so I gave up worrying about it  ^hugme^  xx

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks slinky they say you never have two the same.  Rosie was a milk and food monster!  However she isn't anymore!  Maybe Grace will go the other way and get better when shes older.

I am naughty though and hardly been to get her weighed I weigh her on the wii fit...we have a terrible system for weigh in at docs and it takes hours to get seen and I just haven't the time to sit around.

Sarah

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.