Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

My DS has just turned one and is a dream baby in all aspects bar one. He has always been a superb sleeper and such a well behaved contented baby.....people have always commented on this, however he had an awful little temper on him, but it only really manifests in front of Myself and DP! he will grab/pinch my face in a temper I then simply pull his hand away and say ''No''. This doesnt work and he'll just pull his hand away and grab/pinch over and over. It doesnt matter how many times I tell him ''No'' and pull his hand away he'll keep on going. Today for instance after 6 or 7 times of 'this' he eventually got sooooo angry that he grabbed my hair and pulled it very hard.....I then tried a different approach by putting him down and ignoring him, but he just cryed his heart out holding out his arms for me to pick him up?? dont really know how to tackle this? any suggestions. I havent smacked him and never will so I dont know where he's got this from? obviously its my reaction to this? thats why he keeps on doing it? Like I said he doesnt do it to anyone else just myself and DP.  :-\

Any info or advice very much appreciated......so thank you inadvance  :)

Hayley x

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Hello

I would tell him no, put him down and ignore him or a minute or two then I would distract him with something, I wouldn't pick him back up or anything as it sends mixed messages but just by distracting him and not fussing over him he will soon catch on. xx

·
Registered
8,127 Posts
Mine was (is) doing this too. If he doesn't like being put down then this seems like a good technique for the moment.

Good luck

Kay xxx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.