Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I got my maternity tens machine delivered today and was wondering if it would be safe to use it now when I get a sore back?  I have been getting a sore back around about the level of my bra for weeks now and wondered if it might help  ???  Also for the last few nights every evening I have been having lower back and bump pain that has on some evenings been regular, every 4 minutes yesterday evening and some evenings less regular.  Although the pain is bareable, it does catch my breath and isn't comfortable but I was wondering if I could use it then too  ???  I am now just over 37 weeks and the instructions just say not to use under 26 weeks but I obviously don't want to do anything that may harm my baby.

Thanks  :-*

Matty

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
Hi

have you been re measured for a new bra, that can help lots and lots if you are having upper back pain.

As for the lower back pain and bump pain, try having a bath or using a warm hot water bottle. TENS machines in pregnancy need to used with medical supervision, so you could always take a trip to the GP and ask his/her opinion. You can always take a couple of paracetamol if you need to

Take care x

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply Oink!

I think I am just interested in trying out my new wee gadget  ;D

The one thing that is concerning me though is at my antenatal class when we were discussing the use of TENS in labour we were advised to get them on as soon as possible as the earlier they are used, the more effective etc but...and this is possibly a very stupid question  :-[ if I am in very early labour, will I know I am actually in labour?  how can I distinguish between the regular pains that I am getting now and real labour and will it be a problem if I use my TENS machine believeing I am in early labour and it turns out that I am not ??? 

Thanks again!

Matty xxx

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
Hi

your pains will be frequent and become more and more painful, you will find that the things you have done previously won't work and you'll then be able to play with your gadget  ;D

Take care x

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Oink  :)  Hopefully wont be too long until I can use it  :eek:  :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts