Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone else suffers with tension headaches. I have suffered with them since Oct last year not long after my m/c. They all seemed to ease off after a few sessions with the clinic counsellor as did the anxiety that i had aswell. The last few weeks i seem to have been getting an ache at the back of my head/neck, it feels tension-like as it feels like a squeashing pain, not bad enough for painkillers but just there most of the time. I also feel like i am tense all the time, i wake up and feel like i have been hunched up all night, maybe this is my problem??? This ache feels different to the tension headaches i was getting last year as they were all over the top and sides of my head. I also experience some eye problems aswell (but had this last year too), i feel like i can see and focus but i go blurry from time to time. I have had my eyes tested and all ok!! Does this sound like a tension headache?

Thanks

Julia
xxxx

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Julia
Headaches at the back of head/ neck are usually posture related and headaches on the top of the head are usually tension headaches/ cluster headaches. I'm an optometrist so see a lot of people experiencing headaches. The fact that your vision goes abit out of focus could indicate that they are possibly a form of migraine - which could again - result from stress/ tension. If it's been a year since your last eye test then it might be worth getting another just to check but eye related headaches are usually frontal.
Since starting on this route of treatment I have been getting more migraine type headaches too. I know its easier said than done but the only way to sort it is to relax - maybe a massage will help? or a long soak in the bath before bed. I'm now on my 2ww and it's hell . . . the headaches are here to stay until I test on June 6th! Hope the head feels better soon.

Good luck hun
x

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
I can suffer from lots of headaches, migraine and eye strain, either due to stress/overtired or hormones. As Cooky said the eye thing sounds more like a migraine symptom, do you get sensitive to smell, sound and taste at all, as this is another sign. I always make sure I have my eye's tested regular (esp as I had a squint as a child)

I have also had a few neck/back of head aches and put this down to being tense/posture/unsettled.
I have found going for an indian head massage really helped when I am in one of those moods. The holistic threapist I see does this by starting up the back, round shoulders, up neck, over head then finishing round face/neck. I always get DH or someone to pick me up as I am sooooo relaxed.

I hope you feeling better soon  ^hugme^

·
Registered
6,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks girls, think i will book myself i nice head massage tomorrow, just back off holiday so nice and relaxed but still getting these pains.
Cooky - good luck for test day  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Julia
xxxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts