Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Unfortunately I did a test today 2 days before I should of, and it was negative, I am gutted, so upset wishing that I had not done it. Cried all day. 
I don't think that I can take another knock back, this may be the end of the road for me.
Do you think it could be wrong and it could turn out to be positive on Tuesday?

Anybodys comments I would appreciate. I am having a terrible day.

Thanks

Pebble

·
Registered
751 Posts
Pebble,

So sorry to hear this. I tested on Friday (14 days after tx), and it was negative, but I phoned the clinic and they said I shouldn't have tested till two days later (today). I said I thought it must be very unlikely that the result can change from neg to pos in the space of two days, but they said I should test again, which means there must be instances where it can change. Wasn't to be for me though, as AF arrived this morning. But I hope for you it may be possible, fingers crossed your AF doesn't show and then you never know, it may just be a different result. The nurse I spoke to at our clinic said a positive won't always show up after 14 days, as you can ovulate up to 40 hours after the HCG, and fertilisation and implantation can take much longer for some people than it does for others.

The short version of this is, don't give up hope just yet. You've come such a long way, and I know how utterly gutting it is to keep getting negatives, but your strength and determination will see you through.

Lots of luck,
Abby

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Abby
Thanks so much for your support it means so much to me. Sorry to hear that your AF arrived, why is life so unfair. I will try and keep my spirits up and see what happens on Tuesday.
Thanks and good luck to you too.
Pebble x

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Pebble - I'm so sorry  ^hugme^ I hope your negative result turns into a positive one.  The road isn't finished yet!  Try and keep your chin up, and visualise that baby you deserve so much!

~Natt~

·
Registered
13 Posts
You have to try SOOOO hard not to test too early.  I think if you test too early and get a -ve you've upset yourself for nothing, especially if you get a  ^reiki^ 2 days later!!  If i'm going to be disappointed I'd rather leave it for as long as I can. I was told by my clinic to test on day 16 so I'm hanging on in there.

Px

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HI Everyone

Thanks for all of the advice, I know what you mean about testing early, the reason that we done it was the last 2 times I my period started hours before I was about to do the test, and that was really devastating, but now I know that testing early is devastating too. I really do now regret doing it, and would advise anybody not to do it.
No sign of AF not even getting any cramps, still no signs, boobs not even hurting, nothing.
Didn't get much sleep last night, full of cold and started with a migraine in the night, basically feel like c***.
Thanks
Pebble x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts