Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My otd is this fri however i caved and tested this mornin and got a  ^BFN^

im just wonderin is there still time for it to change or should i just accept its all over for me??

Im devastated...i honestly didnt think it would affect me this much..

i havent told DH i tested cos i dont wanna disappoint him but i no when fri comes and i do the test, if its negative il feel like ive let him down..
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Jen xx

·
Registered
983 Posts
Morning Jen  ^hugme^ x

I am so sorry to hear that you got a BFN, its truely heartbreaking and nothing anyone can say can take the pain away.  I have read many stories on Fertility Friends of people testing before OTD, even up to the actual day before and getting a BFN and then testing on the day and getting a BFP so I am  ^pray^  ^pray^  ^pray^ that you are one of those.

For me, I started spotting 8 days after ET and then properly bleeding 9 days after ET so I knew it was all over for me, I took all of the advice I was given and rested so much in my 2ww it just didnt seem fair  :'(  And I tested the next day which was still 6 days before my OTD and got a BFN, sadly mine remained BFN but I knew it would because I was having a full normal AF cycle.  If I hadnt have been bleeding and got a BFN before my OTD, I would have remained positive and held out hope  ^reiki^

Sending you lots of  ^hugme^ and you know, its all down to nature whether the embryo sticks or not, dont beat yourself up about anything, you have done all you can - some people do everything that the are advised, take all of the vitamins etc etc and still get a BFN and then there are some who just carry on with life day to day as they normally would and dont take the extra step with supplements etc and get a BFP - proves its all down to nature!  If its not your time this time, I  ^pray^ its your time next time!  ^hugme^ x x

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey Lisa

thanks pet..uve made me feel bit better..

im tryin not to let it get on top of me but its hard..

DH said if it doesnt work we'll go on hols for couple weeks so was checkin flights there,was so tempted to book them but will hold out till fri..

i def didnt think it would affect me this much cos im usually so positive and kept tellin myself if it meant to be then it'l be..

its just every time i look at my hubbys beautiful face my heart literally aches even more cos i no he would be such an amazin dad..

its stupid but in a way i feel like ive let him down cos he done his bit and now this bit was up to me!!

i was off work till yesterday so had been takin it so easy so just seems so unfair..

cant believe how down i feel  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

i need to give myself a  ^bigbad^ and snap out of it..

im so sorry it wasnt ur time either pet..  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

just gonna say a final wee  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ and maybe a miracle will happen by friday..

Jen xx

·
Registered
983 Posts
Keep thinking positive Jen ^reiki^ I so so so hope you get the BFP on OTD ^pray^ x

Yes your DH has done his part and you have most definitely done your part and if its not to be this time, then its nature that didnt do their part and its nothing that you have done ^hugme^ And it will work, just not always first time for some of us x

When we got our BFN, we booked a holiday, we booked it for June on purpose so that we couldnt start another treatment any earlier than the end of June to give us enough time to get over cycle 1 and start feeling 100% positive about cycle 2! We are going to Portugal, I have never been before so looking forward to it! Usually go long haul, USA & Caribbean but just fancied a shorter flight this time - its what we need for both of us to give us a nice relaxing break in the sun away from the world of fertility! :) Oh and not to mention plenty of cocktails! Haha! x x

Good luck and I will keep having a look over the next couple of days and hopefully will see that BFP! Dont be hard on yourself x x x x

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Lisa..

Ill keep u posted  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Jen xx

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hey Jen,

Just happened to stumble across your post today, so sorry for you hun but it still could be too early, one of the other ladies I have been speaking to on here got a BFN and now 2 days running has got BFP so there is still hope, keep the faith.

You and DH are in this together, remember that and you haven't let him down at all, last time when it didn't work for us, we were told the chromosones weren't right and my body must have rejected it, its nature after all and you have done everything you possibly could have done so don't be hard on yourself.

If however it is a BFN, please keep in touch, have really enjoyed our chats.

Take care of yourself and heres  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ for it to change by Friday.

Lots of love Emma xxx

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Emma  ^hugme^

aww im hopin that fri will bring me a different result  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

its been great chattin to u on this.i actually feel that i no use all personally and although its rubbish why we are all here its been lovely chattin to ladies in same situation..

ive learnt so much this last few weeks..

keep in touch pet..

good luck with everythin too..

il keep u posted!!

Jen xx

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
It is still too early for a genuine result!  Which is why we encourage people not to test until the OTD! :)

The one good thing is that if you get a BFP on friday you'll know it's genuine and not the leftover trigger shot! ;)

Disregard today completely it is way too early to know anything!  Implantation can vary by quite a few days which is why they give you the test day they do so that you can be as sure as you can be that the result is true!  A LOT can happen in 48 hours, stay positive!  Do NOT book the holiday (unless you're gonna give it us if you get a BFP! ;D ;D )

Axxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey amanda

im ragin that i caved and tested..

im tryin to stay positive but ive really bad AF pains..

i feel exactly like i do every month when its due so im losin hope now..

will test on fri and hope for the best..

Thanks girlies..

Jen xx

·
Registered
303 Posts
hey Jen,

Try not to be angry with yourself, it is understandable but you never know, I really hope it is wrong.

Remember I have been having AF pains all last week, I will see what happens tomorrow.

It really has been great talking to you and like I said earlier, please stay in touch no matter what.

Lots of love and  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ to you.

Love Emma xx

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey Emma

like wise..i hope u get a BFP tomorro..let me no how u get on!!
^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^hugme^ ^hugme^

Jen xx

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Jen,

I just wanted to let you know there is still some hope. I tested on the friday before my OTD on the Monday and got a BFN. And then at the hospital on the Monday it was BFP.

Wishing you lots of luck  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Poppy

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey girls

just lettin use no i got a BFP today  :p :p :p :p cant believe it!!

Jen xx

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts
see it happened!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!  ^hugme^

julsxx

·
Registered
244 Posts
hi jen
congratulations to you.
Just reading ur post and it realy made me smile,im so happy for you.. Im due to start treatment fri 8th april and i just hope i get the same result.
all the best

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi Jen

I'm sorry you got a BFN, I started bleeding and getting pains a few days beforee OTD, I knew in my heart it hadnt worked, I sobbed so much I kept saying ' why didnt he/she want to join us' and when I think back to last july it still brings a lump to my throat, I felt so guilty that I'd done something wrong.

Anyway you aren't at OTD yet and so there is still a chance of a BFP which I so hope you get!
In the reading i've done the last couple of days it talks about placing your thoughts and energy where it needs to be, according to chinese anyway, and it brings extra qi to that area.  Worth a try I say! If you can concentrate your thoughts on the embie embedding and deep breathing, it could still happen for you!

much love  :)
xxxxx

·
Registered
303 Posts
yes yes yes Jen, keep in touch. xxxxxxxxxxx

Emma

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jonut

i got a BFP yesterday :):)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi Jen

OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUCH GOOD NEWS AND SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!

I KNEW HAVING A LITTLE HOPE COULD DO THE TRICK!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 - 19 of 19 Posts