Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 9 days past my 2 day transfer. I thought that the last hcg shot was out of my system (I did the same protocol on my first IVF and it left after about 5 days). Even though its a stupid thing to do I tested yesterday and today. I got a VERY faint positive on an internet cheapie and Clear Blue - it came up JUST ABOUT within 10 mins, got darker afterwards and stayed.

What a fool, now I don't know whether it is leftover hcg (took 2500 last Monday) or genuine faint positive. (Got a real postive on day 10 with my first IVF).

Sorry, I'm just rambling - has anyone else been daft enough to do this? ^idiot^

OK I didn't test yesterday but did tonight with Clear Blue (regular) and got the faintest line EVER but well within 10 mins and 'PREGNANT' ON A DIGITAL!!!!!!! I'm testing 3 days early and NOW I'm worried about how faint the line is on the regular Clear Blue. (I tested with a digital on Monday when I got a faintish positive on Clear Blue and got a 'Not Pregnant' on the digital. Why oh why didn't I wait until bloody Saturday. If anyone waiting to test is reading this - don't test early - its not worth the stress!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Halo
I tested on day 10 (my official test date was on day 18 - Good Friday) with Clearblue and, like you I got a very faint positive! I couldn't believe it! Then I tested again 4 days later and got another positive. Then I tested again on my official test day and still a positive !! Now I am 6 months pregnant!

Good Luck ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ to you and please let me know how you get on!

Loubielou
xxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Halo
This time was my first attempt using FET, so I was almost certain that it was a BFP, rather than the HCG!
I had a full cycle (ICSI) last May and got a BFN. I started FET last September, which had to be abandoned, so this was my first attempt of FET.
I just took things really easy during my 2WW and altough the hopsital didn't give much info about what to avoid, I avoided baths, cofffee, hoovering and had 4 days off work!
Please get in touch if you want to know anything else!

Good Luck
Loubiexx

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi halo,

I did exactly the same as you! I got a very faint + so immediately went out and bought loads more tests and did them every day up until my test date, they were all +, but I did drive myself crazy! I also rang my clinic to confess and they said I could take it as a positive. That didn't stop me from testing like a crazy woman though, I think we got through about 9!

But I am now 5 months pregnant and loving it!

Good luck!

love Soz xx

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Halo said:
OK I didn't test yesterday but did tonight with Clear Blue (regular) and got the faintest line EVER but well within 10 mins and 'PREGNANT' ON A DIGITAL!!!!!!! I'm testing 3 days early and NOW I'm worried about how faint the line is on the regular Clear Blue. (I tested with a digital on Monday when I got a faintish positive on Clear Blue and got a 'Not Pregnant' on the digital. Why oh why didn't I wait until bloody Saturday. If anyone waiting to test is reading this - don't test early - its not worth the stress!!
Halo ~ it's looking good for you hun, fairly sure that Congratulations are in order :) :)

Oh boy you need the ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ though ;D

Much love, Lizzy xxxx

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Halo, we are all thinking of you over on 2ww and its driving me mad.
something like that, I knew i wouldn't remember it as soon as i came onto this one!! 

Good luck for Saturday.
Love
Donna

·
Registered
99 Posts
That sounds good Halo, ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Goodluck with the official test tomorrow.

I wish I could have the same. I keep testing but neg.Maybe too early ?? maybe I should try Clear blue. I have tried the ultra early off internet and first response. Has anyone tried first response and got neg but pos with clear blue?

Lorraine

·
Registered
97 Posts
Halo: DON'T give up just yet.  Faint is still a +ve.  Really hoping that you'll be able to join me in the "waiting for scan" thread.  When are you going to test again?

Lorraine: thinking of you and hope that you do get to see a BFP after a few more days.

Mandy

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Halo, don't give up. If you got a BFP on your test the brown blood can just be old blood coming away. It's more the red blood and cramping pain that could mean something bad. I had a brownish pink discharge when I was pregnant. I had a scan and the baby was fine. It's very common in pregnancy. Hope everything goes well for you.

Viv xx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.