Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this sounds a bit extreme but we are frankly willing to try anything.  Has anyone tried one of these or knows where to buy one?  A company in the US (Repro Med) makes one but I don;t know whether they sell overseas or direct to the public.

I assumed there would be something similar in the UK - anyone have any suggestions?

Allie.

·
Premium Member
16,348 Posts
I remember someone asking our embryologist about putting ice cubes on during the final moments and through ejaculation.

He said that there is no scientific proof that it works, but if you enjoy it what the hell ;D

Tony,
x

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi

I dont know anything about a cooling device I'm afraid but our doctor told my dh to rinse a flannel in cold water and put that on his testicles twice a day.

Hope this helps.

L xx

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hi Allie,

I would not bother with devises to cool testicles you will need to keep all your pennies to put towards any treatment you may need.

The main things to remember are:

No Sauna's or Hot Bath's
Loose pants
Ice packs

What my DH tends to do is at the end of his shower he takes the shower head in his hand and turns the temperature to cold ant then lets the cold water just run all over his bits to coll them down (he says it actually feels quite nice).

Also when he has a cold drink in work he sits with the can between his legs.

At the end of the day when he is relaxing he then has ice wrapped in a towel just resting underneath them once in a while.  In general he just lets them hang out as much as possible (sorry if too much info).

All of the above are free and I am sure give the same outcome as any fancy devise someone has decided to market.

Good luck.

Lol

Fin

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
The cold and ice on bits thing was the only part of my must try everything quest that DH rebelled at.  It was just too unpleasant for him .... I don;t know if it doesn;t help that he has Raynauds so feels the cold very easily but hey

Clare

·
Registered
160 Posts
I bought a small bag of frozen pea's for DH to use. He did use them for a while but the novality wore off. ::)

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
My poor DH has been doing the cold shower thing twice a day for the last 2years. (2 mins focusing on the vital areas!!) Hopefully soon that will all be over! I did buy some small 'oaty' bags with the idea of keeping them in the freezer and having him sit on them during the day (he works mostly at a VDU) however he politely but forcibly declined the opportunity!!
I say go with the cold showers and save your money!
Lizi

1 - 7 of 7 Posts